The Educational Services (ES) Unit coordinates and delivers an array of programmes and services that provide instructional and administrative support to students at Monash University Sunway Campus. Through these programmes and services, the ES Unit aspires to meet the needs of learners and consequently enhance, enrich and achieve educational excellence in the University. The ES Unit’s services encompass the following programs:
- Monash English Bridging (MEB), which provides students with the relevant skills to close the gap between school education and the demands of a university education, such as academic reading, writing, speaking, listening, note-taking and research in a small, focused environment under the tutelage of experienced and qualified English language instructors. MEB students enter their chosen courses directly upon successful completion of MEB.
- Inter Cultural Enrichment Programme (ICEP) provides students the opportunity to experience the diverse Malaysian culture and environment.
- Learning Skills (LS) services aim to assist students in developing and sharpening their academic skills and enhancing their learning experience. This is achieved through the various programmes and workshops offered by the Learning skills staff. The activities include:
- induction programmes
- learning English for academic purposes (LEAP)
- academic skills workshops
- postgraduate seminars
- drop-in sessions
- individual and small group consultation sessions
In addition, the Learning skills staff also assist in the learner’s language development through the provision of academic, language and learning skills resources.
- The provision of the three compulsory Malaysian National Subjects (MNS) in compliance with the Private Higher Educational Institutions Act 1996 to Malaysian students. International students and staff are welcome to enrol in any of these classes. The MNS are offered to all without additional cost.