Entrance Scholarships for August 2012 Intake
Monash University, Sunway campus (referred to as “the University” below) awards the Entrance Scholarships to eligible stdents for the August 2012 intake.
Students with excellent academic results will be automatically awarded a scholarship upon application to Monash Sunway for August 2012. The scholarship provides a 20% reduction in fees for the first year of study.
Entrance scholarship recipients are eligible to continue to receive their scholarship throughout the duration of their studies in Monash University, Sunway Campus, subject to excellent academic performance and will need to maintain an average of 75% (24 credit points) whilst not failing any unit.
Students applying for the MBBS, Pharmacy and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) programs are not eligible.
|GCE A-Levels / STPM ^
|| Enter ≥ 98
|Canadian Matriculation #
|| ≥ 95%
|Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)
|| ≥ 365
|Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA - Indonesia) 3
^ Only advanced level subjects will be considered
# English Year 12 Compulsory
Eligible students will receive notice of the scholarship when they receive their letter of offer. To accept the scholarship, the following is required by the lapse date specified in the letter of offer:
1. Accept the offer to study at Monash University Malaysia. A step by step is guide is available at http://www.monash.edu.my/advancement/pso/admissions/Offer.html
2. Complete the Scholarship Acknowledgement Form which can be downloaded from http://www.monash.edu.my/advancement/pso/applications/Scholarship.html
3. Ensure the relevant forms are completed as stated at http://www.monash.edu.my/advancement/pso/admissions/Offer.html
4. Submit the forms to Prospective Students Office, Building 2 Level 1, Monash University, Jalan Lagoon Selatan, 46150 Bandar Sunway, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
It is the student's / applicant's responsibility to ensure that the Entrance Scholarship acknowledgement form is submitted directly to the Prospective Students Office when submitting their acceptance to study.
Please DO NOT send the scholarship acknowledgement form to other departments. The university does not take responsibility for misplaced or lost scholarship acknowledgement forms that do not reach the Prospective Students Office. Appeals for late submission of scholarship acknowledgement forms will not be entertained.
Conditions of Award
1. Entrance scholarships will only be awarded once the student has accepted the offer in the time stated in the letter of offer.
2. Scholarship recipients are eligible to continue to receive a scholarship throughout the duration of their studies in Monash University, Sunway campus subject to excellent academic performance in each semester and do not fail any unit. Students will need to maintain an average of 75% (24 credit points).
3. Scholarship recipients who fail to maintain the required level of performance would result in the full withdrawal of the Entrance scholarship.
4. Scholarship recipients who fail any one unit in any semester examination will normally be fully withdrawn from the scholarship scheme.
5. These scholarships are only valid for studies at Monash University, Sunway campus.
6. The Entrance scholarship is not applicable for :
7. The Entrance Scholarships do not cover study of units during the summer break.
8. The Entrance Scholarship scheme is only available to the following degree programs:
School of Business
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce/ Bachelor of Communication (Double Degree)
School of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Systems
- Bachelor of Computer Science
9. In the event the student withdraws from the program the student must pay back 50% of the scholarship awarded.
10. Students must not be bonded to or in receipt of any financial assistances from MUSC (this includes, staff discounts by Sunway Group, siblings discounts, travel grant, etc) or other educational institutions or organizations.
For more information about Monash University, Sunway campus’s Entrance Scholarships, please contact: Prospective Students Office at +603 5514 5637 / 6288 or email:
Terms and conditions apply. Kindly enquire further with the Prospective Students Office of Monash University, Sunway Campus. Details are accurate at the time of publication. Monash University reserves the right to make changes.