Compulsory Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance
Coverage and benefits
- All international student with student pass are required to have Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance coverage while studying in Private Institution in Malaysia.
- International Students with Student Pass, Monash University Sunway Campus will purchase the Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance under the Insurance Company AIG.
- A Medical Health form will be included in your offer package and the relevant charges are paid as part of your acceptance fees
- With effect from Feb 2013, all international student with student pass applied via Education Malaysia Global Services(EMGS) the Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance is purchased from EMGS Appointed Medical Insurance Provider.
- With effect from 25th March 2013, all international student pass renewal application will be processed by EMGS therefore student who has their student pass renewed under EMGS their Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance is purchased from EMGS Appointed Medical Insurance Provider.
- Schedule of Benefit (pdf 33kb) under AIG
- Schedule of Benefit (pdf 137kb) under EMGS
- Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance either fully covers or contributes towards most hospital charges, including room and board, consultation and surgical fees, intensive care and outpatient services, road ambulance services and reimbursement of tuition fees for lengthy illness (Some maximum limits may apply)
- If you are currently suffering from an illness, it is advisable to bring any necessary medication, and all documentation and written medical advice relating to the condition, especially if the medication you have to take is a restricted drug in Malaysia
- Students from Yellow Fever endemic zones, such as Africa and South America in particular, should be vaccinated before coming to Malaysia
- A Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, valid only if the vaccine is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and administered at an approved Yellow Fever Vaccinating Centre is required from those who come from these zones
- If you come to Malaysia from these zones without a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate will be quarantined upon arrival.
- The Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate is valid for ten years, beginning 10 days after the date of vaccination
If you are hospitalised at any point during your period of study at Monash University , please contact:
- Chartis Assistance Centre (24-Hour Emergency Service) Tel 03-2772 5611 (They will accept reverse charges)
- Medical emergency and assistance Tel 03-55146333
- Education Malaysia Global Services(EMGS) Appointed Medical Insurance Provider, ETIQA at 1300 8000 20 or call EMGS at (+603 27825 888)