Better perspectives of the real world
1. Full name / Age / Nationality.
Nor Arlinda Mohamed Khalid / 39 / Malaysian
2. Where are you working / studying presently, and describe your general work scope.
I work at the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia as an Administrative and Diplomatic officer in charge of policy planning of the tourism industry.
3. Why did you choose to study at Monash University Malaysia?
Monash is one of the best and most prestigious universities in the world. Its degree is widely acknowledged and recognised by the Malaysian government.
4. While at Monash, what type of opportunities did you participate in?
I was involved in organising the 1st Young International Scholars Conference in 2011.
5. How has your degree at Monash prepared to be where you are today?
I took a few years off from work to further my PhD studies. The opportunities to work with some of the best lecturers and students at Monash have given me better perspectives about the real world. The experience was both rewarding and meaningful when I re-entered the workforce.
6. What did you love most about your student life at Monash?
Getting to know the other international students and lecturers.
7. What is your advice to current Monash Malaysia students?
Read and write - these are the keys to complete your PhD!