Salary Loadings Business Rule
Monash University Sunway Campus
This business rule sets out arrangements for salary loadings in the portfolio of the Pro Vice-Chancellor and President (Malaysia). The rule applies:
- to all new undertakings to staff in the portfolio; and
- to all existing staff loadings to the extent consistent with contract and industrial law;
- but not to clinical or market loadings.
- The term of a loading will normally end on 30 April.
- Loadings should be set in accordance with the schedule of loadings provided to Senior Management Group members.
- Recommendations for renewal or changes to a loading are to be undertaken in January-February in conjunction with campus performance management/KPI processes, and must be received in final form for approval by the Head of School on or about 31 March. For staff not located in a School approval is to be by a Deputy President or Registrar as relevant to the portfolio.
- Different rating standards, that are higher than normal, apply for staff members who receive a performance-dependent loading. The loading types are leadership, research, senior performance and performance.
- Prior to approving loadings, the Head, Finance unit will be consulted.
- Staff in receipt of a loading, and separately their supervisor, must recommend cessation of the loading if at any time and for any reason circumstances change such that the duties and performance expectations may not be met.
- Payment of a loading does not in itself create any obligation on MUSC to continue or renew payment of a loading.
Responsibility for Implementation
Heads of School and Unit
Related Policies and Procedures/Business Rules
Staff Appointments Business Rules
Head, Human Resources, 7 April 2010
Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor, 7 April 2010
Deputy Presidents, 18 January 2011
Senior Management Group, 27 January 2011
Executive Committee, 29 April 2011
MUMASA ExCo, 3-13 May 2011
Senior Management Forum, 4 May 2011
Forum of School Managers and HR personnel, 12 May 2011
PVC’s Executive Group, 28 December 2011
Senior Management Forum, 4 January 2012
||28 December 2011
|Business rule owner: