Information for Staff Members
Monash University strives to provide a healthy and safe work environment for staff. Also, each staff member at Monash University is responsible for ensuring that their work environment and practices reflect good occupational health and safety and environmental standards in order to protect their own health, safety and environment as well as the health, safety and environment of others.
The responsibilities of staff include:
- using a documented risk management process to eliminate or minimise occupational health and safety risks where appropriate;
- complying with occupational health and safety and environmental instructions, policies and procedures;
- seeking information or advice where necessary before carrying out new or unfamiliar work;
- wearing appropriate clothing and footwear for the work being undertaken;
- using and maintaining safety devices and personal protective equipment correctly;
- complying with the instructions given by emergency response personnel such as emergency wardens and first aiders;
- being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures and complying with the instructions given by emergency response personnel such as emergency wardens and first aiders;
- being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures and the location of emergency equipment (if trained in its use); and
- not willfully or recklessly endangering the health and safety of any person.