Mr. Mark Cheong
MPharm, MBA, MA, BCPS
Lecturer – Pharmacy
Office: Building 2, Level 5, Room 17
Tel: +603 5515 9679
Fax: +603 5514 6364
Mark Cheong joined Monash University Malaysia in 2016 as a Lecturer at the School of Pharmacy. His clinical experience includes several years as the senior clinical pharmacist for neurology and neurosurgery at the Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Kuala Lumpur where he focused on the management of patients with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and Parkinsons Disease. Prior to joining Monash University Malaysia, he was Head of Clinical Operations (Malaysia) for DaVita Kidney Care, a global kidney care provider, where he worked on clinical quality outcomes, clinical staff training and infection control. He was also previously a hospital manager with the University Malaya Specialist Centre where he worked with senior physicians to develop innovative healthcare services. Mark is a pharmacist registered with the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia and a life member of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) where he is also the Advisor to the MPS Young Pharmacist Chapter.
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Public Health
- Quality Outcomes in Healthcare
- Healthcare Management
(A) SCHOLARLY JOURNALS
- Shanthi Viswanathan, Masita Arip, Norhazlin Mustafa, Mark Cheong Wing Loong et al., “The Frequency of Anti-Aquaporin-4 Ig G Antibody in Neuromyelitis Optica and Its Spectrum Disorders at a Single Tertiary Referral Center in Malaysia,” Multiple Sclerosis International, vol. 2014, Article ID 568254, 10 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/568254
(B) CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS (REFEREED ONLY)
- Cheong, W.L., Lim, K.K., Mai, C.W., Chong, D. “Perceptions of Young Pharmacists in Malaysia Towards the Pharmacy Profession and the Malaysian Pharmacist Professional Society.” Oral presentation. Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Associations Congress. 13 September 2012. Bali, Indonesia.
- Cheong, W.L. and Thong, C. N. “Effects of pharmacist-managed medication therapy adherence clinic on patients using interferon-beta in multiple sclerosis: a non-experimental, observational study.”Poster presentation. Asian Conference of Clinical Pharmacy. 7 July 2012. Hong Kong.
- Cheong, W.L., Tee, H.Y., Njord, L., Ong, K.L., Ng, E.K., Gan, W.H., Aakhus, L.A., Krishnan, M., Ramirez, S.B.S. "Reduction in Catheter-Related Blood Stream Infections in DVA Dialysis Facilities Through a Systematic Infection Control Reduction Program." Oral Presentation. 32nd Annual Congress of the Malaysian Society of Nephrology. 30th April 2016. Malaysia
- Member, Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
- Facilitator, Hacking Health
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Member, Nicotine Addiction Research & Collaborating Centre