Ms Saw Pui San
BPharm (Hons), MSMHS (Pharmacy Practice)
Lecturer – Pharmacy
Office: Building 2, Level 5, Room 44
Tel: +603 5514 5882
Fax: +603 5514 6364
Saw Pui San graduated with a Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) and Master of Science in Medical and Health Sciences (Pharmacy Practice) from the International Medical University, Malaysia. She is a registered pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia. She underwent her training as provisional registered pharmacist in Hospital Tuanku Jaafar Seremban, and subsequently worked as a fully registered pharmacist in Hospital Port Dickson and Hospital Selayang. Aside from working as a hospital pharmacist, Pui San is also trained to provide Medication Therapy Adherence Clinic (MTAC) services to hospital patients on warfarin and hepatitis treatment. Her academic career as a lecturer started in Year 2016 when she joined the School of Pharmacy in Monash University. Previously, she has worked as a sessional tutor in International Medical University and Monash University, and been involved in training and examining pharmacy students on professional skill development and OSCE sessions. Pui San has published papers and presented in international conferences on new roles for pharmacist in primary care. She hopes to continue her work in developing informed appreciation of current and future roles of pharmacists in various areas of pharmacy practice.
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Practice
(A) SCHOLARLY JOURNALS
- Saw PS, Nissen L, Freeman C, Wong PS, Mak V. Healthcare consumers' perspectives on pharmacists integration into private general practitioner clinics in Malaysia: A qualitative study. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2015(9):467-477.
(B) CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS (REFEREED ONLY)
- Saw PS, Nissen L, Freeman C, Wong PS, Mak V (2015) A new role for pharmacists in private primary healthcare clinics in Malaysia: views of general practitioners. Paper presented at the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) Conference 2015, Sydney, Australia.
- Saw PS, Nissen L, Freeman C, Wong PS, Mak V (2014) Consumers' perspectives on pharmacists integration into private primary healthcare clinic in Malaysia. In National Medicines Symposium 2014, 21-23 May 2014, Brisbane, Australia.
- Saw PS, Nissen L, Freeman C, Wong PS, Mak V (2014) Are pharmacists prepared to work in private general practice (GP) clinics in Malaysia? Paper presented at the Australasian Pharmaceutical Sciences Association (APSA) Conference 2014, Brisbane Australia.
- Registered pharmacist, Pharmacy Board of Malaysia
- Member, Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society