Before heading to Malaysia and Monash Malaysia, make sure you’ve:
- received your Student Pass approval letter
- obtained an entry visa, as required if you’re from certain countries
- booked your flight and have your ticket and passport
- returned your airport-arrival form (which we’ll send you) to Monash Malaysia and understand the airport-arrival process
- booked and received confirmation of your chosen accommodation
- made copies of all important documents to bring in your hand luggage, including:
- letter of offer from Monash Malaysia
- Student Pass approval letter
- passport details page
- other formal identification, such as an international driver’s licence and/or home country driver’s licence (optional)
- proof of travel insurance
It is important to keep these documents with you throughout your stay in Malaysia. We also suggest that you put second copies in your suitcase and leave third copies at home with your family.
Health check and insurance
After you accept your offer, we take out health insurance for you, which you need to study in Malaysia, and after you arrive, we help you get a health check, which you need to have your Student Pass endorsed.
So make sure you understand the health check and insurance requirements before you leave.
And familiarise yourself with the airport-arrival process to enjoy a hassle-free arrival.
Enter your contact details online
Once you have accepted your offer to study at Monash Malaysia, you can begin the enrolment process by entering your details into Monash’s web enrolment system (WES).
Use the system to make sure your emergency contact and Malaysian addresses and telephone numbers are up to date before you leave and when staying in Malaysia, so we can keep in touch with you.