Noor Leena Haniffah
Beyond good grades
1) Full name / age / nationality.
Noor Leena Haniffah / 25 / Malaysian
2) Degree studied?
Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Econometrics), Class of 2012. Currently, I'm studying PhD in the School of Business.
3) If you were on a scholarship or received awards, please specify what they are?
Dean’s Commendation List 2012
Dean’s Honours List 2013
Scholarship for PhD
4) Describe your current major, or the current focus of your research thesis.
Management & Islamic finance.
5) Why did you choose Monash Malaysia?
Monash is known for its prestige and international standards of education.
6) How has your undergraduate degree or postgraduate experience been at Monash?
Monash offered a balanced learning experience, upholding its high quality education while facilitating a supportive learning community of lecturers, researchers, support staff and students.
7) If you are a postgraduate student, why did you choose to do a postgraduate degree? What were the benefits and challenges that came with studying in a postgraduate course?
I developed a keen curiosity for a particular research area and was reassured by the expertise of my current supervisors. My peers and colleagues in research huddle together like a fraternity/sorority, helping each other get through the downs and intensities of our work. The learning philosophy and support system here in Monash are not to be taken for granted.
8) What do you love most about your student life at Monash?
The overarching goal and philosophy of education in Monash, which is to learn a critical way of thinking and reasoning, beyond merely good grades.
9) What is your goal/dream in life, where are you headed to in the future?
Continuous self-improvement and learning, hopefully towards a future where I can play a role in giving back to my community.
10) What is your advice to current Monash Malaysia students?
Make the most of a learning environment that is uncommon to find in Malaysia!