Student ID cards
All Monash students are issued with a student identity (ID) card, which is valid for the duration of your course.
- New students will receive their student ID card in Orientation Week when they first commence
- International students are required to have a current Student Pass endorsement before Monash University Malaysia Campus can issue a student ID card
- The student ID card must be carried at all times within the campus,shown or surrendered on demand by authorised staff
- Student ID cards remain the property of the Monash University Malaysia Campus and are not transferable
Using your student card
Your student ID cards are used for the following purposes:
- As a form of identification by Monash University Malaysia Campus staff at their request when you make an enquiry at a service counter
- Using library and learning commons services and facilities, such as to add credits to printing balances and to print documents
- Entry to an examination room, as your ID card must be displayed at all time-tabled examinations
- Permitted 'smart card' purposes, such as building and room access where authorised
Student ID cards are issued to newly commencing students in Orientation Week as part of the enrolment process.
To be issued with a student ID card, you will be required to have:
- all necessary governmental permissions to enrol and commence classes
- completed the Course Enrolment process with your School
- completed the Enrolment Questionnaire online and updated your emergency contact details at Web Enrolment System (WES)
- present ALL of the following to the staff at the Student Administration Services Counter for verification purposes:
1) transaction number for successful completion of the Enrolment Questionnaire page from WES
- Student ID cards are valid for the duration of your course (with a maximum of 5 years) and do not need to be updated each year
- If your student ID card has expired before you complete the course, you will have to apply for a replacement card at the Student Administration Services counter. You will not be charged for the renewal of ID card.
- Damaged, lost or stolen cards can be replaced
- Lost cards should be reported to the Student Administration Services Counter and the Library immediately, to prevent someone borrowing books in your name
- Apply for a replacement card at the Student Administration Services Counter, Building C2, Level 2
- Photographic identification (eg. NRIC, driver's licence or passport) must be presented with your application form and payment of a replacement fee.
How to Apply
Current students who wish to apply for a lost/stolen replacement card may submit their request by: