CONDUCT OF EXAMINATIONS
Please read this notice carefully. You will not receive any special consideration if you misread or fail to follow these instructions. You may also be subject to disciplinary action if you breach these instructions.
- Candidates are admitted to venues five to ten minutes prior to exam start times at 8:30 for morning exam and 13:00 for afternoon exam.
- All Monash University examinations have a standard 10 minutes reading time unless otherwise stated. During the reading time, you must NOT commence writing, filling in attendance slip or using calculator until the ‘Instruction to Start Writing’is announced.
- Your student ID card must be brought to each exam and displayed prominently on your desk.
- During an exam, you must not have in your possession of any material/items that have not been authorized for the exam, e.g. book, cap, notes, paper, electronic devices calculator, pencil case, mobile phone, smart watch/device etc. You should ascertain from your lecturer in advance, what material will be authorized for your exam(s).
- Any material or item on your desk, chair or person will be deemed to be in your possession. You are reminded that possession of unauthorized materials in an exam is a disciplinary offence under Part 7 of the Monash University (Council) Regulations. If you are charged with possession of unauthorized materials, or with attempting to cheat or cheating in an exam, you could be suspended from your course or excluded from the University.
- Mobile phone must be switched off (including the alarm) and kept at the designated place throughout the exam as instructed by invigilators. Possession of mobile phone in an exam is an offence under the University Discipline Regulation. If any students are found in possession of a mobile phone in the pockets, clothing, or any part of your person, or on your desk or chair during an exam, you may receive a fine of up to RM150.00.
- After entering an exam venue you will not be allowed to leave the exam venue during the first 60 minutes after the scheduled start of the exam, and the last 10 minutes of the exam. A candidate can only leave the exam venue during the examination accompanied by an invigilator.
- For temporarily leaving the exam venue e.g. toilet trip, you must put up your hand and remain seated until you are directed by an invigilator.
- You will not be admitted to an exam if you arrive more than one hour after the scheduled start time of the exam, i.e. after 9:30 and 14:00.
- Extra time will not be granted to any student who does not present for an examination at the correct time and place.
- Complete your details on the cover page of any script book provided before you commence writing on it. Your answers must be numbered.
- Be alert to, and follow all instructions given by the Supervisor-in-Charge of the venue.
- ‘Open Book’ means a candidate is entitled to bring any materials except a calculator, computer, electronic dictionary or any form of electronic devices into the exam.
- There must be no communication of any kind among candidates in the exam venues. You are strongly advised not to draw attention to yourself by looking frequently at other candidates or around the venue.
- You are not permitted to remove any examination paper or script book from any examination venue.
- A warning will be given ten minutes before the end of the examination and an instruction to cease writing will also be given.
- At the conclusion of the examination, please remain seated until all papers have been collected and permission to leave is given. Please remain quiet until you are outside the examination venue.
Results for Deferred and Supplementary (Semester One 2017) will be released on 23 August 2017 at https://my.monash.edu.au/wes/exam/results/. Your results are available continuously throughout the year and can be printed at any time from the exams website.