Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy and Sustainability)
Why study a Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy and Sustainability)?
The Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy and Sustainability) is designed for working engineers and engineering graduates with an ambition to lead. Addressing the pertinent demands in sustainable energy development, the course guides students to greater applicable knowledge in this area of specialisation and to succeed in complex problem solving methods.
This program is ideal for those who aspire for career advancement in the competitive global environment.
Areas of study
Students will acquire an advanced understanding in energy and sustainability and the ability to develop solutions to complex engineering problems. Students will study core units in engineering leadership and engineering analysis to strengthen their abilities in critical reasoning, innovation and strategic thinking.
- Apply advanced energy and sustainability based knowledge in an engineering context
- Employ energy and sustainability based techniques to solve complex problems, design engineering solutions, and evaluate potential designs to identify optimal solutions
- Research, investigate and critically appraise current developments and research directions, and identify future directions for energy and sustainability
- Demonstrate a commitment to uphold code of ethics and established norms of professional engineering conduct
- Communicate information effectively to industry and wider community
- Demonstrate knowledge of team dynamics and leadership, and function effectively as an individual and in diverse engineering teams
- Select and apply appropriate resources and modern engineering tools to systematically manage systems and progress knowledge
- Employ energy and sustainability techniques into all phases of engineering project work, including business planning and financial management.
This program offers a research pathway option as an alternative route for students to progress from a coursework master’s program into a PhD program. The research option requires the recommendation of the Associate Head of School (Graduate Research) and approval from the Faculty/ MGE (Monash Graduate Education).
You will complete eight units (48 credit points) as follows:
- Advanced Engineering Data Analysis (ENG5001)
- Engineering Entrepreneurship (ENG5002)
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Engineering (MEC6885)
- Sustainable Energy Technologies (MEC5886)
- Energy Efficient Lighting (ECE5885)
- Principles and Practices for Sustainable Development (CHE5885)
- Environmental and Air Pollution Control (MEC5887)
- Smart Grids (ECE5886)
- Minor project (12 credit points) (ENG5881)
- Minimum average of 70% in a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognised tertiary institution, or
- Minimum average of 65% in a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognised tertiary institution with 5 years of relevant working experience. A Curriculum Vitae and a 300-word Statement of Purpose is required. A phone interview may be requested, or
- Minimum average of 70% in a 3-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognised tertiary institution with 2 years of relevant working experience, and
- having fulfilled Monash University’s English language proficiency entry requirements (for details, visit http://www.monash.edu.au/ admissions/english-language-requirements. html)
The Master of Advanced Engineering degree can be undertaken over one year of full-time or two years of part-time study.
Intakes for 2017
February and July
In 2017, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM48,000 for Malaysian students
- RM52,800 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM 2,840
- Other countries - RM 2,008
How to apply
Applications must be submitted to the Admissions Office using a completed application form, accompanied by relevant certified copies of academic transcripts and a non-refundable application fee of RM100.
More information on application procedures is available on www.monash.edu.my/study/apply