Postgraduate Diploma in Biomedical Science
Why study a Postgraduate Diploma in Biomedical Science?
The Postgraduate Diploma in Biomedical Science is a qualifying degree. It is designed for students who do not hold an honours degree or equivalent, who wish to further undertake a higher degree by research. Students undertake approved research projects for a specified period under the supervision of a member of the academic staff.
This course consists of a combination of coursework and research. In the coursework component you will develop advanced theoretical and/or technical knowledge of your area of research focus. In the research component you will develop research methodologies appropriate to your focus and plan and execute a research project under the individual guidance of an academic supervisor. The total course comprises 48 points including coursework (12 points) and research (36 points).
Areas of Study
Biomedical Sciences, Psychology, Public Health, Clinical Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that students will be able to:
- identify and define research questions
- apply appropriate research methods to address the research questions
- demonstrate competence of their chosen research methodology/methodologies
- demonstrate theoretical knowledge at honours level in their chosen field of research
- demonstrate the ability to critically analyse data and results obtained
- demonstrate the ability to solve research problems and to conduct statistical analysis
- communicate their research findings in a format appropriate to their academic discipline
- write up their research into a high quality thesis
- contribute new information or new ways of understanding information in the field of research
- Malaysian graduates who have completed their Bachelor degree from a 3-year fulltime program in a relevant field and who have not attempted honours in that field.
- Candidates who do not have the equivalent of a class 1 or class 2A honours degree in a relevant field.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Biomedical Science degree can be undertaken over one year of full-time or two years of part-time study.
In 2016, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM40,280 for Malaysian students
- RM44,308 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM 2,840
- Other countries - RM 2,008
Intake periods for 2016
February and July
For more information on this and other research courses in the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, contact:
Kong Li San
Research and Development Manager
Phone: +60 3 5514 6300
Make sure that you also find out about: