Postgraduate Diploma in Science
KPT/JPT (N/421/7/0039) - MUM/APA/023
The Postgraduate Diploma in Science degree aims to provide you with a higher level of experience in independent analysis and research in your chosen area of expertise. It is a one year coursework and research program which allows you to work closely with a supervisor who will provide you with academic and individual guidance in a chosen research project. This course is designed for students who do not hold a four year Honours degree or equivalent but wish to undertake a higher level degree by research. Upon completion of this course, you can consider the option of pursuing a master’s by research degree or a PhD.
Areas of study
This program may be undertaken in the principal areas of research offered by the School of Science, including:
- Medical bioscience
- Medicinal chemistry
- Food science and technology
- Tropical environmental biology
- Psychology (*February intake only)
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge and technical skills in at least one area of science
- develop, apply, integrate and generate scientific knowledge in professional contexts to analyse challenges and to develop effective solutions
- convey ideas and results effectively to diverse audiences and in a variety of formats, and present scientific work in a potentially publishable way
- work independently to undertake a scientific literature review, and to design, develop and implement a research project
- collect, organise, analyse, interpret and present data meaningfully, using mathematical and statistical tools as appropriate to the discipline of specialisation
- exercise personal, professional and social responsibility as a global citizen.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) with at least a distinction grade average (70 per cent) in 24 points of level three units (or equivalent) in the intended discipline.
- The level-three units upon which admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Science is based must have been completed no more than five years prior to commencement of the course; or any other equivalent qualifications recognised by Monash University and the Malaysian Government.
Our Postgraduate Diploma in Science can be undertaken over one year of full-time study.
In 2018, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM40,280 for Malaysian students
- RM44,308 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM 2,840
- Other countries - RM 2,008
February and July.
For more information about this and other School of Science research courses, contact:
Research and Development
Phone: +60 3 5514 6121
Make sure that you also find out about: