If you have achieved excellent academic results, you will automatically be awarded a High Achiever Award at the time of receiving your offer. This scholarship is valued at RM10,000 per year via a fee waiver of RM5000 in tuition fees for each semester. You must maintain an excellent academic performance to continue to receive the scholarship for the following years of study.
The High Achiever Awards scheme is only available for the degree programs listed below and only valid for studies at Monash Malaysia.
School of Arts and Social Science
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Sciences)
- Bachelor of Arts (Global)
- Bachelor of Communication
School of Business
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce/Bachelor of Communication (double degree)
School of Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Computer Systems/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Chemical)
School of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Psychological Science and Business
School of Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Science (Food Science and Technology)
- Bachelor of Science (Medical Bioscience)
- Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) and Bachelor of Science (Medical Bioscience)
You are not eligible for an entrance scholarship if you are:
- applying to the MBBS, Bachelor of Pharmacy and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) programs
- not studying at Monash University Malaysia (e.g., transferring to Monash University Australia)
- applying for any other financial support offered by Monash University Malaysia such as staff/sibling discounts and travel grants
- receiving scholarships or financial assistance from other bodies
- undertaking single unit study
- undertaking honours and higher degrees study.
Minimum academic results
|GCE A levels / STPM ^ (including Sri Lanka)||3As|
|Australian matriculation||Enter ≥ 98|
|Canadian matriculation #||≥ 95%|
|Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)||≥ 365|
|Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA - Indonesia) 3||≥ 9.5|
|All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC)||90%|
|Indian School Certificate (ISC)||85%|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate/(Stateboard) +||95%|
^ Only advanced level subjects will be considered
# English Year 12 Compulsory
+ Only Tamil Nadu (Chennai), Maharashtra (Mumbai), Karnataka (Bangalore) and Bengal (Calcutta)
Application and acceptance process
If you are eligible, you will receive notice of the scholarship when you receive your letter of offer.
To accept the scholarship, you must follow the steps below before the lapse date that is specified in your letter of offer.
- Accept the offer to study at Monash University Malaysia, making sure you have completed all the relevant forms.
- Complete the Scholarship Acknowledgement Form (pdf, 172 kb)
- Submit the forms to:
Prospective Students Office
Monash University Malaysia
Building 2, Level 1
Jalan Lagoon Selatan
47500 Bandar Sunway
Selangor Darul Ehsan
It is the student's responsibility to send the scholarship acknowledgement form directly to the Prospective Students Office at Monash Malaysia and not to another department or area of the University. You cannot appeal a late or lost scholarship acknowledgement form.
Conditions of award
Terms and conditions will apply to your scholarship. Check with the Prospective Students Office of Monash University Malaysia about what will be required.
Withdrawing or changing your course
If you withdraw from your program, you must refund 50 per cent of the scholarship awarded.
You are no longer eligible to receive this scholarship if you:
- change to a new course and this course is not included in the scholarship scheme
- transfer to another Monash campus.
Continuing your scholarship
To continue to receive your scholarship throughout the duration of your studies, you must maintain an average of 75 per cent (in 24 credit points of study) and not fail any units in any semester.
If you fail to maintain the required academic results and fail any one unit in any semester, your scholarship would normally be fully withdrawn.
For more information about Monash University or Malaysia campus’ undergraduate scholarships, please contact the Prospective Students Office by telephone on +60 3 5514 5637 / 6288 or by email at email@example.com.