Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Honours)
Why study the Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Honours)?
This one-year, full-time course has been especially designed to offer advanced study in one of the specialist business areas, offered by the School of Business. It will teach you how to conduct business-related research at an advanced level.
Areas of study
- Applied economics
- Banking and financial management
- Business analytics
- Business law and taxation
- Econometrics and business management
- Strategic marketing
The course structure comprises of the following:
(a) Taught units:
- Research methodology 1 (6 credit points)
- Research methodology 2 (6 credit points)
(b) Supervised coursework units:
- Directed studies 1 (6 credit points)
- Directed studies 2 (6 credit points)
(c) Research project and report (24 credit points)
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Honours).
Honours graduates have special expertise, valued by employers, giving them a competitive advantage in the job market. The honours year also prepares you for a research degree, such as the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
For entry into Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Honours), you must have:
- completed the requirement for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce at Monash University or an equivalent degree
- obtained a minimum 70% average grade over level two and three of the undergraduate degree in specialised area of business units, and
- successfully completed at least one (1) unit in statistics or econometrics as part of the undergraduate degree.
In 2017, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM35,000 for Malaysian students
- RM38,500 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM 2,840
- Other countries - RM 2,008
There is one intake period in February each year for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Honours) .
For more information about this degree, contact us.