The department aims to equip students with skills and knowledge relevant to today’s financial markets. The staff in the department actively publish their academic works in leading academic journals, which inform their teaching. The department has been collaborating with the industry to develop our curriculum.
Currently, the department offers the Banking and Financial major which students can combine with one other major such as Accounting, Business Analytics, Economics, Management, and Marketing. Students who perform very well may get invited to the one-year Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Honours) program that can lead to admission to the PhD program.
The research focus of the department is in the following areas.
- The implementation of Fintech initiatives and their impact.
- Islamic banking and finance.
- The price discovery process in the equity and commodity markets.
- Corporate finance and corporate governance.
- Investment in financial markets and cryptocurrencies.