Participating in the Work Experience Program (WEP) or non-credit internship (and volunteering) gives you a unique opportunity to:
- Gain work experience, and invaluable contacts in your field of future employment.
- A great way to put into practice what you have learnt during your undergraduate studies.
- Understand the workings of any organisation and unlock opportunities to gain business acumen first-hand.
- Students who are accepted to the Work Experience Program fulfil their Capstone requirement and complete 6 credit points.
- Students who successfully register and complete their non-credit internship with the School of Business will receive a certificate of recognition. And for the Accounting major, students completing a non-credit internship or volunteer work will meet the General Studies U4 requirement.
Social impact -Make a positive impact in your community through a social project with a non-profit or NGO (locally or abroad) - environmental issues, social welfare, education, refugee support, etc.
Personal impact - Create a wholesome resume that stands out from the rest. Volunteer work always leaves lasting impressions on an individual. And many employers are always looking to know more about your motivations and passion, and volunteer experiences are great stories to tell a potential employer.