How To Apply – NCI/VOL
How to Apply: Non-credit Internships / Volunteer
Applying for a non-credit internship or volunteer work is recommended to round out your experience as a student. The five steps listed below get you started on registering your internship/volunteer work and ensure you submit all required documents to receive your Completion Certificate from SOB.
1. Check your eligibility
To register your internship/volunteerism, you must be:
- Intending to pursue an internship/volunteerism in the next semester/summer break
OR currently pursuing an internship/volunteerism.
You cannot register your internship or volunteerism after you complete your placement.
- Undertaking an internship or volunteer work for a minimum of 2 months.
2. Request a University Letter
Your University Letter (Student Confirmation Letter) will be issued if the organisation you have applied to requests the University to confirm your status as an enrolled student. This letter is issued to School of Business students only.
3. Secure an internship offer
You must first secure an internship offer letter (or volunteerism offer letter) with an employer/ organisation before completing the InPlace registration form. Please proceed to Step 4 only when you have secured an internship offer letter.
4. Complete the InPlace registration form before your placement ends
Check out this Instructions Card for a step-by-step guide to locate the School of Business Non-credit Internship registration form in InPlace. The form requires you to fill in the following:
- Organisation (Agency) and internship supervisor details
- Internship offer letter
- Overview of internship role/ job description
- Passport & Student Pass details - for international students only
It is your responsibility to submit your registration before the deadline
Please take note of the registration deadlines for each semester below:
- Summer Semester (Dec - Feb): 31 January
- Semester 1 (March - June): 31 May
- Semester 2 (July - Nov): 31 October
Important: You cannot register your internship or volunteerism after you complete your placement. Kindly note that any registration after a placement has been completed will be rejected.
5. Complete the placement evaluations
You must complete two evaluation forms as you near the end of your internship or volunteerism. The forms are not graded, but they must be submitted to receive the completion certificate.
If you have successfully registered your internship or volunteerism, you will be emailed the following forms for submission:
1. Intern Feedback Report – completed by you as the intern/volunteer.
2. Employer Evaluation Report – completed by your direct supervisor at the organisation you are interning/volunteering with.