How to register - Non-credit internship
The registration process has four steps.
- Determine if you are eligible.
- Complete the online registration form BEFORE your placement ends.
- Apply for placements.
- Complete the placement evaluations.
1. Determine if you are eligible
To be eligible to register your internship or volunteer work, you must be:
- Intending to pursue an internship/volunteerism in the next semester or next summer break.
- Currently pursuing an internship/volunteerism (i.e. you CANNOT register your internship or volunteerism AFTER you complete your placement).
- Undertaking an internship or volunteer work for a minimum of 2 months.
2. Complete the online registration form BEFORE your placement ends
If you are eligible to register, fill in the registration form. You will need to provide:
- Personal details.
- Organisation details & offer letter.
- Passport & Student Pass details (international students only).
You can register your internship or volunteerism during the dates below. Please note that you CANNOT register your internship or volunteerism AFTER you complete your placement.
Summer Semester (Dec - Feb) 31 January
Semester 1 (March - June) 31 May
Semester 2 (July - Nov): 31 October
3. Apply for placements
It is your responsibility to directly contact the organisations where you’d like to pursue a placement as an intern or volunteer.
4. Complete the placement evaluations
Towards the end of your internship or volunteerism you must complete two evaluation forms. The evaluation forms are not graded, but you MUST complete them to be eligible to apply for an exemption towards the General Studies U4 cluster. The evaluation forms will be emailed to you if you successfully completed the registration process. The two evaluation forms are:
- Intern Feedback Report - completed by you, the intern or volunteer.
- Employer Evaluation Report - completed by the direct supervisor at the host organisation during the internship or volunteer work.