Intercampus Exchange Program
With locations in Australia, Malaysia and South Africa, Monash University makes it easy for all students to study part of their degree overseas. The intercampus exchange program is open to students on all Monash campuses and allows you to take up units at any other international Monash campuses (does not include the Monash Study Centre in Italy).
Students have the opportunity to complete part of their degree at Malaysia Campus. The Malaysia Campus offers more than 160 units across four faculties which provide a wide array of complementary study opportunities for business students. Participation in intercampus exchange program provides business students with important opportunities to broaden their CV's and distinguish themselves in the graduate job market.
Monash students from Australia and South Africa are encouraged to study part of their degree at the Malaysia campus. It is a great opportunity for students to experience new places, new people and gain unique learning opportunity and life experience. Incentives for students include free return airfare, free accommodation, travel grants and many more. Find out further about the Intercampus Exchange Offer to Malaysia.
Students who are interested in the Business courses offered at the Malaysia campus can generally undertake units from the 9 majors, taking into consideration the respective pre-requisite applicable:
- Banking & Finance
- Business Analytics
- Business Law
- Econometrics and Business Statistics
- International Business
Full list of the units offered at School of Business, Malaysia campus can be found at 2017 Units Schedule.
Please note that students should seek course advice and faculty approval from their home campus for units they wish to enrol at Sunway campus to ensure no disruptions to their course progression. Subject to the requirements of your course and unit availability, you may choose cross-faculty electives as part of your degree program. You will need to discuss your options with the faculty at your home campus.
The intercampus exchange program to Australia and South Africa is open to students from Malaysia campus, allowing students to spend one or two semesters there. Credits will be earned towards your Monash degree so that you can study overseas without adding additional semester. Find out more about the Intercampus Exchange Program.
Eligibility requirements for the exchange program:
- Completed at least 48 credit points of your course at home campus
- An active enrollment in a Monash undergraduate or postgraduate coursework
- Achieved a credit average (60%) in the results so far in your current coursework
- Full load of on-campus units
- Students must have completed 48 credit points and received the results in order to be eligible to apply for the program.
- Advanced standing/credit points for units completed at institutions other than Monash University cannot be considered into the 48 credit points.
- Students are allowed to go for 1 semester only under this program.
- Students must complete their final semester at home campus.
- Where students have performed poorly in their first 2 semesters of study at Monash University but have subsequently improved their performance, the overall credit average may be waived by the Dean's nominee provided that they at least obtained a distinction average (70%) in the most recent 48 credit points and a convincing explanation for the poor performance in the earlier semester. Students will need to submit a letter to the Manager.
- Students can only go to campuses where the same courses are being offered. For example, students who are enrolled in a BBusCom course ought to go to campus that offers the same course, unless the major units are not offered in those campuses.
- Students who are taking elective units are allowed to take units in any campus.
- For undergraduate students applying to go to Clayton or Caulfield campus, they must have met the Australian Higher Year 12 Math or Year 12 Math respectively.
- Students are not allowed to travel in between campuses. Consideration may be given in case to case basis. Please seek advice from your home campus Course Advisor.
- Please note that the faculty does not give conditional approval to applicants.
Subject to the requirements of your course and unit availability, you may choose cross-faculty electives as part of your degree program. You will need to discuss your options with the Course Advisor at your home campus prior to applying for the program. Please note that the application does not necessarily guarantee a place for student in the program.
Refer to Monash University Handbook for full details on units and semester offerings.
Please submit your:
- Completed Monash Abroad Application Form for Intercampus Exchange (please provide all the documents stated at the back of the form)
as well as your:
- Unofficial results (printed via WES)
- Proof of Mathematics unit(s) undertaken at previous institution (for students applying to go to Clayton or Caulfield campus)
at the Course Management Office, School of Business before the deadline stipulated on the application form.