Professional recognition is the formal acknowledgement of your professional status, and in some cases, gives you the right to practice in the profession of your choice. Many of our degrees meet the criteria for accreditation, exemption or membership with relevant professional institutions or industry bodies.
If you’re interested in a particular membership, make sure you’re studying the appropriate course as detailed below. Our course advisers can help you make sure that the units you select will qualify you for membership of the organisation that represents your profession. It’s also a good idea to contact professional bodies directly to talk about membership and entrance requirements. Some double degrees may enable you to be eligible for membership of more than one professional body, which may not be listed below.
The Accountancy major in the Bachelor of Business and Commerce at Monash University Malaysia meets the Professional Accounting Accreditation Guidelines in Malaysia. These guidelines cover the technical and professional competency areas and learning outcomes set by professional accounting bodies.
The Monash Accountancy major in the undergraduate degree may give you membership or entry to the following bodies:
- Entry to the ACCA professional qualification with up to 9 fundamental level paper exemptions. Use the exemption calculator to find out if you’re eligible. The Accelerate program is a special arrangement between ACCA and Monash University, which gives you the opportunity to register and start preparing professional level exams with ACCA prior to graduation at discounted registration and exemption fees.
- Associate membership of and entry to the CPA Program of CPA Australia. Access the list of accredited courses to see what units you need to complete.
- For students that are interested to pursue the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) qualification, ICAEW will match up to a maximum of 8 Credit Prior Learning (CPLs)/ exemptions from what is accredited by CAANZ. The list of units exempted can be found in the latest CAANZ ccredited Tertiary Courses document.
- Associate membership of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) offers up to 8 (Certificate and Operational level) paper exemptions and students have to only sit for 8 papers starting from the Management level of the CIMA Qualifications framework.
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) A-Star programme
CIMA offers a fast-track pathway for Bachelor level students who gain a distinction or above-average mark in their undergraduate bachelor degree. The A-Star programme is a unique one-exam pathway for you to become a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation holder. Successful candidates will be invited to attend an intensive workshop conducted by CIMA trainers to help prepare for the Strategic Case Study exam. Upon successful completion of this exam and successful membership application, you will qualify for CIMA membership and earn the professional global designation of Chartered Global Management Accountant CGMA.
- Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants Entry into the Advanced Stage Examination is for those who have obtained an accredited degree in Bachelor of Business and Commerce and are exempted from the Professional Stage Exemption. The Advanced Stage Examination (ASE) of the MICPA Programme is a unique collaboration between MICPA and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) which leads to 2 qualifications and memberships upon completion of the following components: ASE Modules and 3 years of mentored approved work experience with an Approved Training Employer.
The Banking & Financial Management Major in the Bachelor of Business and Commerce at Monash University Malaysia meets the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) University Affiliation Program Guideline in Malaysia.
CFA Institute is the global membership association that administers the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) and Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) curriculum and exam programs worldwide; publishes research; conducts professional development programs; and sets voluntary, ethics-based professional and performance-reporting standards for the investment industry.
The CFA University Affiliation Program signals to our students and employers that our curriculum is closely tied to the practice of investment management and is helpful to students preparing for the CFA® Program exams. Our undergraduate students at Monash benefit from the CFA UAP designation most directly by being eligible for a limited number of scholarships that waive registration fees and a portion of the enrollment fee for the relevant CFA exam.