Bachelor of Business and Commerce (BBusCom)
Bachelor of Business and Commerce/Bachelor of Communication (BBusCom/BCom)
- Enrolment Session
- Students with Credit Transfer
- International Students
- Before Enrolment Session
- What to bring to the Enrolment Session
- Enrolment Duration
- Late Enrolment
It is very important for new students to attend the Enrolment Session organised by the School of Business. The objectives of the session are to:
- Introduce you to the course structure.
- Explain to you the requirements of the course.
- Advise you on the majors and units available in the courses offered.
- Assist you in planning and enrolling the units you are going to do for the duration of your studies (failure to plan units properly will affect your progression and may lead to an extension in the duration of studies).
- Familiarise yourself with the online enrolment services.
All new students are required to attend ONE of the enrolment sessions below. The session is COMPULSORY. Please note that you must accept your offer before attending the enrolment session. You will not be able to enrol if you have not done so.
Bachelor of Business and Commerce (B2026)
IMPORTANT: Student who has attended the First session need not come for the Second session.
- Wednesday. 15 Feb 2017, Auditorium 2, 9.30am - 12.00pm (First session)
- Wednesday, 22 Feb 2017, Auditorium 2, 9.30am - 12.00pm (Second session)
Bachelor of Business and Commerce/Bachelor of Communication (B2027)
Students who have been granted credit based on prior Diploma or Undergraduate studies done in other institutions will follow the same course structure as students who have not obtained credit. However, these students will have different study progressions and different first unit enrolment. The length of the course for these students varies depending on the amount and type of credit obtained. If you have been granted credit for certain unit(s), you are required to bring along the Course Enrolment Form and your credit letter (attached together with the letter of offer) to the enrolment session.
International students are required to report to the Admission Office (AO) - International Student Pass at Building C2, Level 1 upon arrival in Malaysia. You MUST get your Enrolment Form (please see section "What to bring to the Enrolment Session" below) validated by a staff member before attending the enrolment session. You are also required to bring your passport for the validation. Please note that you will NOT be able to enrol your units unless you get this done first. This is to ensure that you have gotten all the necessary immigration and student pass matters settled before you are enrolled.
All Monash students are provided with an IT account at the point of offer into a course. It consists of a username and password known as an Authcate Account. New students who have accepted the offer MUST register for this account prior to attending the enrolment session. The account is used to access your Monash Portal, Allocate +, Monash Library, Web Enrolment System (WES) and all other Monash secured sites where authentication is needed.
After you have accept your offer, you should
- Activate your Authcate Account
- Log into WES to complete the enrolments requirements. Your authcate username, password and date of birth or name of the street in your address are required for login.
- Check that your postal address details are correct and amend if necessary
- Register an emergency contact person
- Complete the Enrolment Questionnaire
Be sure to click the 'Submit' button and you will be given a transaction number for each form that you have successfully completed. If you do not receive a transaction number, you have not successfully completed the relevant form. Please note that if you did not complete the above, you will not be able to enrol during the enrolment session.
- Letter of offer and all other relevant documentations
- Print out the relevant enrolment form:
Course Enrolment Form (B2026) or
Course Enrolment Form (B2027) or
Course Enrolment Form 2017 (for students with credit exemptions)
- Pen and paper
- Keep a mental note of your course name and course code. Please ensure that you attend the correct enrolment session
- Remember your student ID number (it is an 8 digit ID shown on your letter of offer)
The enrolment duration would take approximately a day. Please be punctual or you will miss out on the important information given during the session. It is advisable for you to arrive 15 minutes early to avoid bottleneck at the entrance.
Find out how to get to our campus here.
Please note that due to the crowd size and the procedure of the enrolment session, you are not allowed to bring along your friends, siblings or parents into the session - they can have a seat at the cafeteria while waiting for the session to be over.
Students who are not able to attend the enrolment session due to late acceptance (Malaysian students only) should seek advice from staff members at the Course Management Office, School of Business. Please note that the class availability will be limited by then. You will not get your first choice of preference for your class timetable.