eiHub Challenge: Ideas for Tomorrow
The recent health pandemic has brought on unprecedented disruptions to the normality of our personal lifestyles and behaviour. It has brought on major upheaval to societies and economies, triggering large scale lay-offs and the collapse of many commercial enterprises.
Amidst the doom and gloom, the pandemic crisis coerced immediate reaction and adaptation. We see how human societies can be resilient and capable of transforming and adapting to their “new” environment overnight.
The "eiHUB CHALLENGE: IDEAS FOR TOMORROW" is designed to develop and inspire individuals to create viable solutions to challenges in today’s fast-evolving and disruptive environment. This program offers an experiential learning opportunity to upscale and enhance your entrepreneurial abilities, employment acumen, pick up essential 21st century skills and empower yourself to create change and impact on society.
Create, Build and Share your ideas with like-minded individuals who aspire to be innovative and want to work on entrepreneurial projects.
CHALLENGE THEME (Covid-19)
- Main Challenge: Socialising OR Contact Tracing
- Rookie Challenge: Personal Safety + 1 x group mentoring session
- Main Challenge
- Grand Prize RM1,000 Cash + RM100 Gift Voucher + Monash Merchandise x 1
- ei-Merit Award RM200 Cash + RM50 Gift Voucher + Monash Merchandise x 1
- Rookie Challeng
- ei-Merit Award RM200 Cash + RM50 Gift Voucher + Monash Merchandise x 5
COMMITMENT REQUIRED UPON REGISTRATIONBy registering to this program, you agree to participate in this 4-week eiHub Challenge Program to stand a chance to win a prize. A certificate of attendance will be awarded to participants who complete all 4 weekly sessions.
- Week 1 (14 August 2020): Challenge Introduction and Ideation
- Week 2 (21 August 2020): Design Thinking and Futures Thinking
- Week 3 (28 August 2020): Validation and Using Prototypes
- Week 4 (04 September 2020): The Final Pitch
Date: 14, 21, 28 August and 4 September 2020 (Fridays)
Venue: via Zoom (Link and password will be emailed 1 day before each session)
Time: 3.00 pm - 4.00 pm
- Main Challenge (Entry Fee RM25)
- Rookie Challenge (Entry Fee RM10)
Entrepreneurial Skills Series
We are excited to launch eiHub’s 4-week Entrepreneurial (Basic) series. We believe that the program has the potential to upscale students’ abilities in communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking, elements which are essential to enhance employment acumen, and most importantly to expand and develop as lifelong learners, who are able to create impactful solutions to the challenges and disruptions in today’s fast-evolving and volatile environment.
MEET YOUR FACILITATOR
Adjunct Entrepreneurship and Innovation Associate (Practice)
SEE WHAT YOU’LL LEARN AND DO
Week 1 | Ideation
Understand the concept and process of ideation, be able to generate ideas using guided processes and tools, and leverage on ideation as a strategy to survive disruption.
Week 2 | Validation
Discover the necessity and significance of validation, and design and deploy basic validation using a range of tools and approaches.
Week 3 | Prototyping
Explore the role and value of prototyping, identify and differentiate the basic ways of prototyping, and undertake basic prototyping.
Week 4 | Pitching
Understand the importance of pitching effectively, familiarize yourself with the basic building blocks of a good pitch, and be able to develop and deliver a good pitch.
Is the Entrepreneurial (Basic) Series right for you? The answer is yes if you:
- Are a Monash student, staff member or Alumni
- Are looking to upscale your abilities to enhance employment acumen
- Are looking to expand and develop yourself as a lifelong learner
3 April 2020
10 April 2020
24 April 2020
8 May 2020
Fridays, 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Hub (eiHub)
Building 6, Level 2, Room 2 (6-2-02)
RM250 (inclusive 6% SST)
**New-Launch discounts available for the first 10 applicants
**Receive a Certificate of Achievement upon completion of this series
Applications are now open.
Please take note:
1. Applications close 11.59 pm Friday 27 March 2020
2. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified
3. The fee payment details will only be sent to successful applicants via email
4. Payments close 11.59 pm Tuesday 31 March 2020