Monash University Faculty-School of Engineering Joint PhD Supervision Scholarship Scheme
High Impact Projects
Participate in exciting engineering projects, led by Monash's leading researcher experts. In this Malaysia-Australia collaboration, you will get the opportunity to be supervised by both Malaysian and Australian researchers.
When applying, you will need to select which project(s) you will be interested to work on. The list and details of the projects will be made available in April 2019.
We welcome applications from all nationalities and qualified backgrounds.
Check it out and apply for this scholarship if you:
- Obtained a bachelor's degree in engineering or science, at least four (4) years of full-time study, which includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to a high distinction average (H1 or first class honours).
- Meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP). Find out more here: Monash English Language Proficiency
- Want to experience learning both at the Malaysia and Australia Monash Campuses.
Note: Monash students who are currently pursuing their PhD or Masters(Research) are NOT eligible to apply.
Selection for the scholarship will be based on applicant's academic achievement and relevant experiences.
If you have a relevant Master's degree (Research), it will be an advantage but it is not compulsory.
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Living Allowances/ Stipends, during your study in Malaysia and Australia
- Travel allowances
- Receive supervision from research experts from both Monash Malaysia and Monash Australia
- Experience learning both at Malaysia and Australia. You will start your first year of study in Malaysia. Upon completion of your first major milestone, you will then spend twelve (12) months in Australia. Finally, you will return to Malaysia for the remainder of your candidature and complete your PhD.
How to Apply
Applications will be open in April 2019. Full details of the application process will be made available then.
Below is the tentative time-line for this scholarship:
|April 2019||Application opens|
|June 2019||Application closes|
|July 2019||Vetting of applications|
|August 2019||Interview session for successful applicants|
|September 2019||Announcement of final results|
|Early 2020||Student enrols in Monash Malaysia|
As a scholarship recipient, you will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress. Failure to do so may result in your Scholarship being terminated. Furthermore, you must not be in receipt of any form of sponsorship from other sources.
In addition, scholarship recipients will be required to contribute 10 hours/week in activities related to academic teaching.
The decision to grant a scholarship is at the sole discretion of Monash University Malaysia. The University reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the scholarships as and when required without prior notice. Selection of scholarship recipients will be made by Monash University Malaysia, whose decision is final. No appeals will be entertained.