Monash University Faculty-School of Engineering Joint PhD Supervision Scholarship Scheme (Round 2/2019)
High Impact Projects
Participate in exciting engineering projects, led by Monash's leading researcher experts. In this Malaysia-Australia collaboration, you will get the opportunity to be supervised by both Malaysian and Australian researchers.
Find out more about the projects by downloading the Project List.
In the application form, you will be asked for your project preference(s). You are advised to explore and learn about the potential projects as much as possible before stating your preference(s). If you need more clarification on the projects, you may contact the project leader. Contact details can be found in the project list.
We welcome applications from all nationalities and qualified backgrounds.
Check it out and apply for this scholarship if you:
- Obtained a bachelor's degree in engineering or science, at least four (4) years of full-time study, which includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to a high distinction average (H1 or first class honours).
- Meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP). Find out more here: Monash English Language Proficiency
- Want to experience learning both at the Malaysia and Australia Monash Campuses.
Note: Monash students who are currently pursuing their PhD or Masters(Research) are NOT eligible to apply.
Selection for the scholarship will be based on applicant's academic achievement and relevant experiences.
If you have a relevant Master's degree (Research), it will be an advantage but it is not compulsory.
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Living Allowances/ Stipends: MYR 2,600/month (Malaysia campus); AUD 27,872/year (Australia campus)
- Travel allowances of up to MYR 5,000
- Receive supervision from research experts from both Monash Malaysia and Monash Australia
- Experience learning both at Malaysia and Australia. You will start your first year of study in Malaysia. Upon completion of your first major milestone, you will then spend twelve (12) months in Australia. Finally, you will return to Malaysia for the remainder of your candidature and complete your PhD.
How to Apply
Applications are open from 17 June 2019 to 9 August 2019, 5.00pm (+8 gmt).
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. If you are unable to attend the interview physically, we will arrange for an online interview.
Results are planned to be announced in September 2019.
Successful candidates will start their PhD enrolment early 2020. Please refer below:
- Fill up an online application by using this Google Form Link: After filling up the on-line form, submit supporting documents by e-mail.
- For those unable to access the Google Form Link, download the Application Form and submit via e-mail together with supporting documents. Please ensure it is in word file. An electronic signature is fine.
Document Submission and Check-List
Applicants must provide all relevant supporting documents to complement the application.
Submit your application/documents to: email@example.com
Please use the following format in the email subject: <insert your full name>
|1||Academic Transcripts (Degree, Master's). Please include your Grading Schemes, generally found at the back of your transcripts.|
|2||Proof of meeting the English Language Proficiency Requirements|
|3||Proof of publication(s) (If any)|
|4||Proof of award(s) (If any)|
|5||Academic Curriculum Vitae (CV). The application form may not capture all of your relevant experiences that may support your application. Thus, it is compulsory for applicants to submit an academic CV of not more than two(2) pages.|
|6||Two (2) Referee Reports. We would like to know more about your professional/research experiences and capabilities from two individuals who have worked with you. Download the Referee Report and submit together with the application.|
|7||Any other supporting documents to support your application|
As a scholarship recipient, you will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress. Failure to do so may result in your scholarship being terminated. Furthermore, you must not be in receipt of any form of sponsorship from other sources.
In addition, scholarship recipients will be required to contribute 10 hours/week in activities related to academic teaching.
The decision to grant a scholarship is at the sole discretion of Monash University Malaysia (School of Engineering). The University reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the scholarships as and when required without prior notice. Selection of scholarship recipients will be made by Monash University Malaysia (School of Engineering), whose decision is final. No appeals will be entertained.