iUM Disrupt 2019 Hackathon
Bachelor of Software Engineering students champions in iUM Disrupt 2019 Hackathon
- Alvin Tan Jian Jia (Bachelor of Software Engineering, Monash University Malaysia)
- Joey Lau Zhe Yu (Bachelor of Software Engineering, Monash University Malaysia)
- Tee Kai Feng (Actuarial Science, UTAR)
- Connie Yew (Financial Mathematics, UTAR)
- Kok Fung (Actuarial Science, UTAR)
The goal of their solution for the hackathon was to detect depression from human speech. This was made possible through the sentiment analysis of audio files that were processed into spectograms. In order to accomplish this, the students employed neural networks in their solution. It is quite a feat to accomplish all this within the hackathon itself.