Dr Ali Safaa
Room No. 2-4-20,
School of Information Technology
Tel: 03 5514 6087
Ali Safaa Sadiq is currently a lecturer at the School of Information Technology, Monash University, Malaysia. Previously he has served as senior lecturer at the Department of Computer Systems & Networking Department Faculty of Computer Systems & Software Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia. Ali has received his PhD, M.Sc, and B.Sc degrees in Computer Science and degree in Computer Science at 2004, 2011, and 2014 respectively. Ali has awarded PRO-CHANCELLOR ACADEMIC AWARD as a best student in his batch for both master and PhD. Also Ali has awarded the UTM International Doctoral Fellowship (IDF). He has published several scientific/research papers in well known international journals and conferences. He was involved in conducting 5 research grants projects, whereby 3 of them are in the area of network and security and the others in analyzing and forecasting floods in Malaysia. He has managed to supervise 3 PhD students and 3 Masters students as well as some other undergraduate final year projects. His current research interests include intelligent handover decision making in heterogeneous wireless networks, vehicular and mobile ad hoc networks, artificial intelligent applications, energy efficient wireless networks, routing protocols, wireless sensor networks, media access control (MAC) layer design, mobility handover in mobile IPV6 and video communications, developing smart intrusion detection systems and cognitive vehicular networks. Ali served as a reviewer for several prestigious international journals and conferences. He also served as a technical program committee chair of Smart Sensor Protocols and Algorithms (SSPA2013) Conference in Dalian, China. He also served as a PC member of Multimedia Wireless ad hoc Networks 2014 Conference in Benidorm, Spain, and International Conference on Emerging Wireless Communications and Networking (October 06–08, 2014) in Erbil, Iraq. He’s also one of the editorial board members and establisher of International Journal of Software Engineering and Computer Systems (IJSECS) and some other International journals.
- PhD (Computer Science) 2014 University Technology Malaysia(Best Postgraduate Student Award)
- Master of Science (Computer Science and Information Systems) (Specialized in Wireless Networks) 2011 From University Technology Malaysia UTM (Pro-chancellor Award)
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science and Information Systems) 2005 From Mustansiriya University Iraq
- FIT1047-Introduction to computer systems, networks and security
- FIT5160-Business Process Modelling, Design and Simulation
- Intelligent handover decision making in heterogeneous wireless networks
- Vehicular & Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
- Network Coding Applications
- Artificial Intelligent Applications
- Routing Protocols, Wireless Sensor Networks, MAC
- Layer Design
- Mobility Handover in Mobile IPV6 & Fast MIPv6
- IDS design & security
- Video Communications and
- Cognitive Vehicular Networks
- D Debashish, Ali Safa Sadiq, A Noraziah, , Jaime Lloret. (2017) Stock Market Prediction with Big Data Through Hybridization of Data Mining and Optimized Neural Network Techniques, J. of Mult.-Valued Logic & Soft Computing, Vol. 29, pp. 157–181
- Ali Safa Sadiq, TZ Almohammad, RABM Khadri, AA Ahmed, J Lloret, (2017) An Energy-Efficient Cross-Layer approach for cloud wireless green communications, Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC), Second International Conference Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC), IEEE.
- ADEBANJO ADEKIIGBE, ABDULGHANI ALI AHMED, ALI SAFA SADIQ, KAYHAN Z. GHAFOOR, KAMALRULNIZAM ABU BAKAR, (2017) An Efficient Cluster Head Election Algorithm for Client Mesh Networks using Fuzzy Logic Control, Journal of Internet Technology, Vol.18 No.5. In press. Q2
- Mohammed Adam Taheir Mohammed, Ali Safa Sadiq, Ruzaini Abdullah Arshah, Ferda Ernawan, Seyedali Mirjalili. (2017) Soft Set Decision/Forecasting System based on Hybrid Parameter Reduction Algorithm, Journal of Telecommunication, Electronic and Computer Engineering, In press. (Scopus Index)
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Turfah Zeyad Almohammad, Rabiatul Adawiah Bt Muhamed Khadri, Abdulghani Ali Ahmed, and Jaime Lloret. (2017). An Energy-Efficient Cross-Layer Approach for Cloud Wireless Green Communications. Accepted with Third IEEE International Workshop on Mobile Cloud Computing systems, Management, and Security (MCSMS-2017). Valencia, Spain 8th- 11th May 2017.
- Muhammad Rizwan Ghori, Ali Safa Sadiq. (2017). VANET Routing Protocols: Review. Accepted with 2nd International Conference on Sciences, Technology and Social Sciences. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 11-12 July 2017.
- Ali Safa Sadiq , Mohammed Adam Taheir Mohammed, Seyedali Mirjalili. (2017) Normal Parameter Reduction Algorithm in Soft Set based on Hybrid Binary Particle Swarm and Biogeography Optimizer, Under review with Applied Soft Computing Top 15% Q1
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Siti Norwahidayah Wahab, Seyedali Mirjalili, Abdulghani Ali Ahmed, Jaime Llore. (2017) An Efficient Intrusion Detection Security System in WANETs Based On Hybrid Magnetic Optimization Algorithm and PSO, Under review with Annals of Telecommunications-Annales des Telecommunications, Springer ISI Q3.
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Nurul Shafiqa Binti Ahmad Zabidi, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor. (2017) Transmission Power Adaption Scheme For Improved Vehicular Awareness in VANETs By Using Improved Piggybacked Information, Under review with COMPUTERS & ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING , Elsever, ISI Q2.
- Ferda Ernawan, Mritha Ramalingam, Ali Safa Sadiq, Zuriani Mustaffa. (2017) An Improved Imperceptibility and Robustness of 4x4 DCT-SVD Image Watermarking with a Modified Entropy, Journal of Telecommunication, Electronic and Computer Engineering, In press. (Scopus Index)
- Abdulghani Ali Ahmed, Ali Safa Sadiq. (2017) PhishSys: A Honey Bee Inspired Intelligent System for Phishing Websites Detection, ADVANCED SCIENCE LETTERS, In press. (Scopus Index).
- Qasim Alajmi, Ali Safa Sadiq, Mohammed A. Al-Sharafi. (2017) Cloud Computing Delivery and Delivery Models: Opportunity and Challenges, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, In press (Scopus Index)
- D Debashish, Ali Safa Sadiq, A Noraziah, (2016) An Efficient Time Series Analysis for Pharmaceutical Sector Stock Prediction by Applying Hybridization of Data Mining and Neural Network Technique, Indian Journal of Science and Technology 9 (21). (Scopus Index)
- Alajmi Qasim, Ali Safa Sadiq, (2016) What should be done to achieve greater use of cloud computing by higher education institutions, 2016 IEEE 7th Annual Information Technology, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference (IEMCON), pp. 1-6
- A Alaa Azmi, NM Muamer, Ali Safa Sadiq. (2016), Performance Evaluation of DSR, AODV, and OLSR Routing Protocols in MANET, International Conference On Computer Science & Computational Mathematics. (Scopus Index).
- Alajmi Qasim, Ali Safa Sadiq, (2016), Information Systems and Online Education : Cloud computing for E Learnin g in Higher Education, Proceedings of the International Conference on e-Learning, e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government EEE'16, CSREA Press, pp. 193-197
- Abdulghani Ali Ahmed, Ali Safa Sadiq, Mohamad Fadli Zolkipli, (2016), Traceback model for identifying sources of distributed attacks in real time, Security and Communication Networks, DOI: 10.1002/sec.1476
- Alajmi Qasim, Ali Safa Sadiq, (2016), Opportunities and Challenges in Management Information Systems, International Journal of Applied Sciences and Management, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 171-182
- Nurul Shafiqa Ahmad Zabidi and Ali Safa Sadiq (2015) Transmission Power Adaption Technique for VANET by Using Piggyback Information. In: 2nd International Conference On Computational Science and Information Management (ICOCSIM-2015), 19-21 August 2015 , Kuantan, Pahang. pp. 18-23
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, Jaime Lloret, Mohammed Adam Ibrahim Fakhreldin, (2015), A DEVELOPED NETWORK LAYER HANDOVER BASED WIRELESS NETWORKS, nternational Journal of Software Engineering & Computer Sciences, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15282/ijsecs.1.2015.9.0009
- Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, Jaime Lloret, Ali Safa Sadiq, Marwan Aziz Mohammed, (2015), Improved geographical routing in vehicular Ad Hoc networks, Wireless Personal Communications, SPRINGER Vol. 80, No. 2, pp. 785-804. (ISI idexed)
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Norsheila Binti Fisal, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, Jaime Lloret, (2014), Advanced Mobility Handover for Mobile IPv6 Based Wireless Networks, The Scientific World Journal, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/602808
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, Jaime Lloret Mauri, Norshelia Binti Fisal , (2014), Cognitive Handover for Vehicular Heterogeneous Networks: Issues and Challenges, Book Title Cognitive Networks: Applications and Deployments, CRC Press
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Norsheila Binti Fisal, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, Jaime Lloret, (2014), An Adaptive Handover Prediction Scheme for Seamless Mobility Based Wireless Networks, The Scientific World Journal, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/610652
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, and Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor. (2010). A Fuzzy Logic Approach for Reducing Handover Latency in Wireless Networks. Macrothink Institute TM, Journal of Network Protocols and Algorithms. Vol.2 No.4, pp 61-87. Universal Impact Factor 0.2916.Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, and Alberto J. Gonzalez. (2011). Mobility and Signal Strength- Aware Handover Decision in Mobile IPv6 based Wireless LAN. International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists. Kowloon, Hong Kong. pp 664-669 (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication).
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, Jaime Lloret and Seyedali Mirjalili. (2012). A Smart Handover Prediction System based on Curve Fitting Model for Fast Mobile IPV6 In Wireless Networks. International Journal of Communication Systems, WILEY. DOI: 10.1002/dac.2386. Volume 27, Issue 7, pages 969–990, July 2014. Impact factor 1.106. JR Q2
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, and Jaime Lloret. An Intelligent Vertical Handover Scheme for Audio and Video Streaming in Heterogeneous Vehicular Networks. Mobile Networks & Applications, SPRINGER. 2013 Vol.18 No.6, pp 879-895. Impact factor 1.496. JR Q1
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Norshelia Binti Fisal, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, and Jaime Lloret. Advanced Mobility Handover for Mobile IPv6 based Wireless Networks. accepted in the journal of Wireless Networks, SPRINGER. Impact factor 1.005. JR Q1
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Norshelia Binti Fisal, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, and Jaime Lloret. An Adaptive Handover Prediction Scheme for Seamless Mobility based Wireless Networks. accepted in scientific world journal, HINDAWI. Impact factor 1.730. JR Q1
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar and Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor. FUZZY LOGIC-ASSISTED ADVANCED PREDICTIVE HANDOVER FOR MOBILE IPV6 BASED WIRELESS NETWORKS. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control. Vol.9, No.3, 2013 Indexed by ISI Thomson reuters Impact factor 1.667. JR Q2
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor and Jaime Lloret. (2013). Intelligent Vertical Handover for Heterogeneous Wireless Networks. World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science (WCECS 2013), in San Francisco, USA, 23-25 October. pp 774-779.
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor and Jaime Lloret. (2014). A Developed Network Layer Handover based Wireless Networks. Accepted in the 6th International Conference On New Technologies, Mobile & Security. March 30th to April 2nd in Zayed University, Dubai, UAE.
- Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor, Jaime Lloret, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Ali Safa Sadiq and Soﬁan Ali Ben Mussa. (2013) Beaconing Approaches in Vehicular AdHoc Networks: A Survey. Wireless Personal Communication Journal. DOI 10.1007/s11277-013-1222-9. Impact factor 0.979. JR Q3
- S. Mirjalili, A. Lewis, Ali Safa Sadiq, Autonomous Particles Groups for Particle Swarm Optimization, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, in press, 2014, DOI: http:10.1007/s13369-014-1156-x. Impact factor 0.367. JR Q3
- Anesa Maolod Omar Al-Najeh, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Ali Safa Sadiq and Ghafoor, K. Z. (2012) Adaptive Packet Buffering Algorithm Based on Priority and Trafﬁc Throughput for Reducing Packet Loss in Fast Handover for Mobile IPv6.
- Seyedali Mirjalili and Ali Safa Sadiq. (2011). Magnetic Optimization Algorithm for Training Multi Layer Perceptron, IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Intelligent Information (ICIII 2011), Indonesia, 2011, Vol. 2, pp 42-46.
- Ghafoor, K. Z., Marwan Aziz Mohammed, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Ali Safa Sadiq, Jaime Lloret. (2013). Vehicular Cloud Computing: Trends and Challenges. Mobile Computing over Cloud: Technologies, Services, and Applications. Book-Chapter IGI Publisher. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication).
- Ali Safa Sadiq, Kamalrulnizam Abu Bakar, Kayhan Zrar Ghafoor and Jaime Lloret. (2014). Cognitive Handover for Vehicular Heterogeneous Networks, Issues and Challenges. Taylor & Francis Group, USA.