Dr Imran Ghani
Room No. 2-4-33, School of Information Technology
Tel: 03 5515 9662
Dr. Imran Ghani is a Senior Lecturer of Software Engineering at School of Information Technology, Monash University Malaysia. He received his Ph.D. from Kookmin University (South Korea) in 2010, M.Sc Computer Science from UTM (Malaysia) in 2007, and Master of Information Technology Degree from UAAR (Pakistan) in 2002. He is the member of Malaysian Software Engineering Interest Group (MySEIG).
Dr. Imran Ghani is the organizer of annual Agile Symposium Malaysia 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Dr. Imran Ghani has 80+ publications in Journals, Proceedings, and Book Chapters.
- Serving as Course Coordinator for all subjects in Software Engineering discipline.
- Member of Students Progress Review and Academic Misconduct Hearing Committees.
- Managing all area program and subject level assessment/accreditation data collection.
- Managing all area on-ground and online subject shells for Software Engineering.
- Managing all area course textbook selections.
- Monitoring program outcomes and course outcomes and syllabus
- Establishing course standards, assuring consistency of course delivery through regular communications will all faculty teaching assigned subjects.
- Implementing course assessment procedures by applying OBE approach.
- Conducting student mentoring for employment opportunities.
- Conducting academic advising with students in discipline/professional areas.
- Ph.D. from Kookmin University (South Korea) in 2010
- M.Sc Computer Science from UTM (Malaysia) in 2007
- Degree of Information Technology from UAAR (Pakistan) in 2002
- FIT3077 - Software Architecture and Design
- FIT3003 - Business intelligence and data warehousing
- FIT3063 - Human-computer interaction
- Software Engineering
- Agile Software Methods
- Secure Software Engineering
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Architecture & Design
- Software Testing
- Semantic Web
- Web Services
- Service-oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Web Mining
- Information Filtering and Re-retrieval
- Ontology (alignment, matching)
- Ontology Engineering, Personalized Web Sites and Services
- Recommender Systems
- Metadata, Big Data
- Extensible Markup Language
- Resource Description Framework
- Knowledge Management
- User Modeling
- Learning User Profiles
- Usability and User-Centric Systems
- Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
- IT Governance
- Information Governance
- Cloud Computing
In addition, he has edited TWO (2) books as the main Editor:
- Emerging Innovations in Agile Software Development http://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/1427
- Handbook of Research on Emerging Advancements and Technologies in Software Engineering http://www.igi-global.com/book/handbook-research-emerging-advancements-technologies/97389
Latest Indexed Journal Publications in ISI and SCOPUS (2015-2016)
- Rafaqut Kazmi, Imran Ghani, Dayang N. A. Jawawi, Radziah Mohamad, Effective Regression Test Case Selection: A Systematic Literature Review, ACM Computing Surveys, in Press, Q1, IF 5.24.
- Imran Ghani, Seung Ryul Jeong, A ROle-Oriented Filtering (ROOF) approach for collaborative recommendation, Enterprise Information Systems, 2016. ISI, Q1, IF. 2.29.
- Mm Khan, Imran Ghani, Sr Jeong, R Ibrahim, Social media usage in academic research, Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology 87 (2). 2016, SCOPUS.
- R Kazmi, Imran Ghani, R Mohamad, M Tariq, IS Bajwa, SR Jeong,Trade-off Between Automated and Manual Testing: A Production Possibility Curve Cost Model, Int. J. Advance Soft Compu. Appl 8 (1), SCOPUS.
- Imran Ghani, M Bello, IL Bagiwa, A Survey-based Analysis of Agile Adoption on Performances of IT Organizations, JICS, 16 (5), 87-92, Oct 2015. KCI/ISI Indexed.
- Imran Ghani, Mannir Bello, Agile Adoption in IT Organizations, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems Vol. 9, NO. 8, Aug. 2015. ISI/SCIE, IF 0.56.
- Roliana Ibrahim, Shahid Kamal, Imran Ghani, Seung Ryul Jeong, A Hybrid Query Disambiguation Adaptive Approach for Web Information Retrieval, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, July 2015. SCIE, IF 0.56.
- Syed Mubarak Ali, Imran Ghani, Muhammad Shafie Bin Abd Latiff, Interaction-Based Collaborative Recommendation: A Personalized Learning Environment (PLE) Perspective, KSII Transactions On Internet And Information Systems, Vol 9, pp 446-465, Jan 2015, SCIE, IF 0.56.
- Abdelzhir abdelmaboud rahama elnour, Dayang norhayati bte. Abang jawawi, Imran Ghani, Abubakar elsafi ali ahmed, Barbara Kitchenham, Quality of Service Approaches in Cloud Computing: A Systematic Mapping Study, Journal of Systems and Software, Vol 101, pp 159-179, March 2015, IF 1.35. Q2 Journal.
- Vice President and Lifetime Member of Korean Society for Internet Information (KSII) – International Affairs
- Founder Chairman and Member of Pakistan Agile Development Society (PADS)
- IEEE Membership: 92055715, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society: Since June 2012
- IEEE Computer Society: Since May 2014
- Managing Editor: International Journal IJIC, Faculty of Computing, UTM, Malaysia
- Managing Editor: Science International – Lahore Journal