Dr Jasbir Kaur Dhaliwal
Room No. 2-4-32A, School of Information Technology
Tel: 03 5515 9661
Jasbir Kaur Dhaliwal has joined the School of Information Technology, Monash University Malaysia in February 2017 as a Lecturer. She graduated from the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur in 2004 with honours with distinction in Computer Science. She did her postgraduate studies at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Australia, and obtained her MSc degree in applied science with Distinction in 2008 and her PhD degree in space – time efficient algorithms for string processing in 2013.
Jasbir has worked in some of the leading research companies including Motorola and IBM.
- PhD in Computer Science (2013), RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- MSc in Applied Science (Information Systems) with Distinction (2008), RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- BSc in Computer Science (Honours with Distinction), Software Engineering (2004), University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- FIT2099 - Object oriented design and implementation
- FIT5120 - Industry experience studio project
- FIT3036 - Computer science project
- Algorithms and Data Structures, Information Retrieval
- Jasbir K. Dhaliwal, John M. Wagner, Timothy M. Lynar & Rahil Garnavi. Communicating with sensors and devices for real-time location detection of objects using utilities usage and social media information. U.S. Patent Application YOR920150647US1, filed February 2016. Patent Pending.
- Timothy M. Lynar, Jasbir K. Dhaliwal & John M. Wagner. Attendance verification. U.S. Patent Application YOR920151320US1, filed December 2015. Patent Pending.
- Jasbir Dhaliwal, Faster semi-external suffix sorting. Information Processing Letters 114(4): 174-178 (2014).
- Jasbir Dhaliwal, Simon J. Puglisi & Andrew Turpin, Trends in Suffix Sorting: A Survey of Low Memory Algorithms, Proceedings of the 35th Australasian Computer Science Conference, 91-98 (2012).
- Jasbir Dhaliwal, Simon J. Puglisi & Andrew Turpin, Practical Efficient String Mining. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 24(4): 735-744 (2012).
- Jasbir K. Dhaliwal & Azwina M. Yusof, An automated Tool to aid Volunteer Organizations in Malaysia, Proceedings of the 1st Joint International Conference on Informatics and Research on Women in ICT, 597-605 (2004).
- Alternate member of Library and Learning Commons committee
- School Wellbeing Committee