Dr Jin Zhe
Room No. 2-4-16,
School of Information Technology
Tel: 03 5514 5813
Jin Zhe obtained his BIT (Hons) in software engineering from Multimedia University, Malaysia and he joined in Multimedia University as an Assistant Lecturer/Tutor. One year after graduation, he commenced his study towards a master's degree in MMU and completed Master of Science in I.T. He took a Lecturer position at the same university.
Two years later, he left Multimedia University and pursued his PhD study at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman and completed PhD degree in engineering. After PhD study, he turned back to university as Assistant Professor at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman. Before his Malaysia venture, he hold a diploma in Business and worked at banking and IT industry in China for 6 years. Since 23 January 2017, he joined School of IT, Monash University Malaysia as a Lecturer.
- Ph.D. (Engineering), Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
- M.Sc (I.T.), Multimedia University
- B.IT (Hons.) (Software Engineering), Multimedia University
- FIT2094/FIT3171 - Databases
- FIT5088 - Information and knowledge management systems
- FIT2086 - Modelling for data analysis
- FIT9130 - Systems analysis and design
- Biometrics (e.g. Fingerprint, Iris, Security & Privacy) and Data Analytics.
- Z. Jin, Y. L. Lai, J. Y. Hwang, Soohyung Kim, A. B. J. Teoh. "Ranking Based Locality Sensitive Hashing Enabled Cancelable Biometrics: Index-of-Max Hashing", IEEE Trans. on Information forensics and security, 13(2), pp. 393-407, 2018.
- K. Y. Chee, Z. Jin, D. W. Cai, M. Li, W. S. Yap, Y. L. Lai, B. M Goi. “Cancellable Speech Template via Random Binary Orthogonal Matrices Projection Hashing”, Pattern Recognition, 76, pp. 273-287, 2018.
- Y. L. Lai, Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, B. M. Goi, W. S. Yap, T. Y. Chai, C. Rathgeb. “Cancellable Iris Template Generation based on Indexing-First-One”, Pattern Recognition, 64, pp. 105-117, 2017
- Z. Jin, A.B.J. Teoh, B. M. Goi, Y. H. Tay. "Biometric Cryptosystems: A New Biometric Key Binding and Its Implementation for Fingerprint Minutiae-based Representation". Pattern Recognition. 56, pp. 50-62, 2016. (SCI).
- Z. Jin, M. H. Lim, A.B.J. Teoh, B. M. Goi, Y. H. Tay. "Generating Fixed-Length Representation From Minutiae Using Kernel Methods for Fingerprint Authentication". IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. 46 (10), pp. 1415 - 1428, 2016. (SCI).
- Z. Jin, M. H. Lim, A.B.J. Teoh, B. M. Goi. “A non-invertible Randomized Graph-based Hamming Embedding for generating cancelable fingerprint template”. Pattern Recognition Letters, 42, pp. 137-147, 2014. (SCI)
- Z. Jin, B. M. Goi, A.B.J. Teoh, Y. H. Tay. “A two-dimensional random projected minutiae vicinity decomposition-based cancellable fingerprint template”. Security and Communication Networks, 7(11), pp. 1691–1701, 2014. (SCIE)
- S. Y. Tan, Z. Jin, A.B.J. Teoh. “Argument on Biometrics Identity-Based Encryption Schemes”. Security and Communication Networks, 6 (11), pp. 1344–1352, 2013. (SCIE)
- S. Y. Tan, Z. Jin, A.B.J. Teoh, S. H. Heng, B. M. Goi, (2012). “On the Realization of Fuzzy Identity-Based Identification Scheme Using Fingerprint Biometrics”. Security and Communication Networks. 5 (12), 1312-1324. (SCIE)
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, T. S. Ong, C. Tee. “Fingerprint Template Protection with Minutiae-based Bit-string for Security and Privacy Preserving”. Expert Systems With Applications. 39(6), 2012, pp. 6157–6167, (SCIE)
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, T. S. Ong, C. Tee. “A Revocable Fingerprint Template for Security and Privacy Preserving”, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems. 4(6), pp. 1327-1341, 2010. (SCIE)
- Y. L. Lai, Z. Jin, B.M. Goi, T.Y. Chai. "Study of the similarity function in Indexing-First-One hashing", Second International Workshop on Pattern Recognition, 104431N-104431N-5, 2017.
- Y. L. Lai, Z. Jin, B. M. Goi, T. Y. Chai & W. S. Yap. "Iris Cancellable Template Generation Based on Indexing-First-One Hashing," The 10th International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS 2016), LNCS, in Taipei, Taiwan, 28-30 September, 2016,
- Z. Jin, S. Y. Tan, A.B.J. Teoh, B. M. Goi. "Chapter Two Minutiae-based Fingerprint Representations: Review, Privacy, Security and Cryptographic Realization", Biometric Security, Andrew B. J. Teoh, David Ngo and Jiankun Hu, (Eds), Cambridge Scholar Publisher, 2015.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, T. S. Ong, C. Tee, “Secure Minutiae-based Fingerprint Templates Using Random Triangle Hashing”, 1st International Visual Informatics Conference, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 11-13 November 2009, pp. 521-531. (PDF).
- Z. Jin, B. M. Goi, A. B. J. Teoh, Y. H. Yay, Z. Pan. “Small-Angle Approximation Attack on Angle-based Many-to-One Functions for Biometric Templates”, IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics – Taiwan. 06 - 08 June, 2015.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh. “Construct a New Fixed-length Binary Fingerprint Representation using Kernelized Locality-Sensitive Hashing”, The 10th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, in Auckland, New Zealand, 15 – 17 June 2015.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, L. Leng, Y. H. Zeng, X. J. Li. “Two-dimensional Infinite-to-one Transform for Generating Alignment-free Cancelable Fingerprint Template”, 2015 Sixth International Conference on Digital Manufacturing & Automation, Changsha China, January 17-18, 2015, pp. 16-21.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, B. M. Goi, Y. H. Yay. "Non-invertible Analysis on Graph-based Hamming Embedding Transform for Protecting Fingerprint Minutiae", The 13th International Conference on Electronics, Information, and Communication (ICEIC 2014), Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, Jan. 15-18, 2014.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, B. M. Goi, Y. H. Yay. " A Non-invertible Graph-based Hamming Embedding Transform for Fingerprint Minutiae Protection", The 6th International Congress on Image and Signal Processing (CISP 2013), Hangzhou, China, Dec. 16-18, 2013.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, "Fingerprint Template Protection with Minutia Vicinity Decomposition", International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB 2011), Washington DC, US, Oct. 11-13, 2011.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, T. S. Ong, C. Tee. “Generating Revocable Fingerprint Template Using Polar Grid based 3-Tuple Quantization Technique”, the 54th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (IEEE MWSCAS 2011), The Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, pp.1-4, August 7-10, 2011.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, T. S. Ong, C. Tee. “Generating Revocable Fingerprint Template Using Minutiae Pair Representation”, 2010 The 2nd International Conference on Education Technology and Computer (ICETC 2010), ShangHai, China, 22-25 June2010, v5, pp. 521-531.
- Z. Jin, A. B. J. Teoh, T. S. Ong, C. Tee. “Typing Dynamics Biometric Authentication through Fuzzy Logic”, 3rd International Symposium on Information Technology 2008 (ITSIM 08), Malaysia.
Journals & Conferences Reviewers
- IEEE Transactions on Big Data (ISSN: 2332-7790)
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (ISSN: 1556-6013)
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems (ISSN: 2168-2216)
- Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective (ISSN: 1939-3555 (Print), 1939-3547 (Online))
- The Computer Journal (Oxford) (Online ISSN 1460-2067) Journal of Real-Time Image Processing (JRTIP) (ISSN: 1861-8200)
- The IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (ICB)
- IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security (WIFS)