Dr Lim Mei Kuan
Room No. 2-4-29, School of Information Technology
Tel: 03 5515 9738
Mei Kuan LIM is a lecturer attached to the School of Information Technology at Monash University Malaysia. She graduated from Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Malaysia in 2007 with a First Class Honours in Computer Science. In 2015, she received her Doctoral degree from University of Malaya, Malaysia, under the scholarship of Yayasan Khazanah. She further completed her post-doctoral studies in the Department of Artificial Intelligence in the University of Malaya until 2016. Previously, she was a researcher in MIMOS Berhad from 2004 to 2007, conducting research and development in video surveillance, in particularly intelligent video analytics solutions. She was also a visiting researcher in Kingston University, United Kingdom in 2012 and 2013. Her research interests include swarm intelligence, data and video analytics, computer vision and machine learning. She has also served as reviewer for several conferences and journals, and as an organizing committee in several conferences such as ACPR 2015 and VCIP 2013.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Computer Science, Computer Vision) (2015), University of Malaya, Malaysia
- B.Sc. in Computer Science (with First Class Honours) (2007), Universiti Malaysia Sarawak.
- Swarm intelligence
- Data and video analytics
- Computer vision
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- V.J. Kok, M. K. Lim, C. S. Chan, Crowd behaviour analysis: A review where physics meets biology, Neurocomputing, 177, pp. 342-362, 2016. (ISI Q1)
- M. K. Lim, C. S. Chan, D. Monekosso, P. Remagnino, Refined Particle Swarm Intelligence Method for Abrupt Motion Tracking, Information Sciences, pp. 267-287, 2014. (ISI Q1)
- M. K. Lim, S. Tang, C. S. Chan, iSurveillance: Intelligent Framework for Multiple Events Detection in Surveillance Videos, Expert Systems and Applications, 41(10), pp. 4704-4715, 2014. (ISI Q1)
- M. K. Lim, C. S. Chan, D. Monekosso, P. Remagnino, Detection of Salient Regions in Crowded Scenes, IET Electronic Letters, pp. 363-365, 2014. (ISI Q3)
- M. Kiran, A. H. Abdalla, M. K. Lim&Y. J. Yap, Execution Time Prediction of Imperative Paradigm Tasks for Grid Scheduling Optimization, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 9(2), pp. 155-163, 2009.
- M. K. Lim, V. J. Kok, C. C. Loy, C. S. Chan, Identifying Anomalies in Crowded Scenes via Global Similarity Structure, Proceedings of the International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 3957-3962, 2014.
- M. K. Lim, C. S. Chan, D. Monekosso, P. Remagnino, Swarm-based Abrupt Motion Tracking, IEEE workshop on Visual Object Tracking Challenge, pp. 98-111, 2013.
- M. K. Lim, C. S. Chan, D. Monekosso, P. Remagnino, SwATracK: A Swarm Intelligence-based Abrupt Motion Tracker, Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference on Machine Vision Applications, pp. 3740- 3744, 2013.
- M. K. Lim, S. L. Tang, N. Samudin & K. M. Liang, Real-time Estimation of Point-of-Interest in Video Surveillance Based on an Analysis of Visual Fixation, Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Information Sciences, Signal Processing and their application, pp. 357-360, 2010.
- S. L. Tang, Z. Kadim, K. M. Liang & M. K. Lim, Hybrid blob and particle filter tracking approach for robust object tracking, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science, pp. 2549-2557, 2010.
- S. L. Teng, C. S. Chan, M. K. Lim & W. K. Lai, Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimisation for Data Clustering, The Second International Conference on Digital Image Processing, pp. 75460E-75460E-6, 2010.
- S. L. Tang, K. M. Liang, M. K. Lim, Z. Kadim, & A. A. B. Al-Deen, Colour-based Object Tracking in Surveillance Application, IAENG International Conference on Computer Science, pp. 459-464, 2009.
- M. Kiran, M. W. Kan, M. K. Lim, K. M. Liang & W. K. Lai, Implementing Image Processing Algorithms Using ‘Hardware in the Loop Approach’ for Xilinx FPGA, International Conference on Electronics Design, pp. 1-6, 2008.
- W. K. Lai, E. L. Ng, T. H. B. Maul & M. K. Lim, Investigations into Particle Swarm Optimization for Multi-Class Shape Recognition, International Conference on Neural Information Processing, pp. 599-606, 2008.
- M. Kiran, A. H. Abdalla, M. K. Lim & Y. J. Yap, A Prediction module to optimize scheduling in a Grid computing Environment, International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering, pp. 888-893, 2008.
- M. K. Lim, Y. J. Yap, M. Kiran & W. K. Lai, Execution Time Prediction of Imperative Paradigm Tasks for Grid Scheduling Optimization, Enabling Grid for E-Science (EGEE) 3rd User Forum, 2008.
- Publication Chair of the 3rd IAPR Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR 2015).