Dr Muhammad Fermi Pasha
Room No. 2-4-23, School of Information Technology
Tel: 03 5515 9703
Dr Fermi graduated and earned his PhD from Universiti Sains Malaysia in 2010. He then continued working as a research fellow at the same university for the next 5 years working on several multidisciplinary research projects with community engagement activities. Before that, while pursuing his PhD, he spent 4 years working as a Senior Software Engineer and Architect in the software industry. He is currently with Monash University, Malaysia, as a Lecturer attached to the School of Information Technology.
Dr. Fermi is a passionate software developer and researcher. He has received various awards recognizing the software solutions and the research projects that he was involved with both as member as well as team lead. Presently, his research focuses on computational neuroimaging, intelligent network security traffic analysis, and healthcare and radiology IT with emphasis on big data.
Those interested to pursue PhD in the areas mentioned above should approach him. Scholarship may be available.
B.Comp.Sc(Hons), M.Sc, Ph.D in Computer Science (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- FIT1008 – Introduction to Computer Science
- FIT9123 – Introduction to Business Information Systems
- Evolving System
- Adaptive Network Security and Traffic Analysis
- Software Engineering
- Big Data in Healthcare
- Medical Image Analysis Platform
- Healthcare and Radiology IT
- M. Rajeswari, M. F. Pasha, K. K. Liang, B. A. Chandra, M. A. Amran, (2015). “Method for displaying large x-ray medical images on portable handheld device”. Malaysian patent application [Patent Pending - PI 2015700565]
Selected Peer Reviewed Indexed Journal
- Rahmat, R.F., Pasha, M.F., Budiarto, R., and Syukur, M. (2015). “A Gene-Regulated Neural Network”. The International Arab Journal of Information Technology. Vol. 12. No. 6, ISSN: 1683-3198 – (ISI)
- F. Nadi, M. Rajeswari, and M. F. Pasha (2014). “A short review of diffusion models and its possibilities to enhance imaging biomarker for neurodegenerative diseases”. Current Medical Imaging Reviews. Vol. 10, No. 4, ISSN: 1573-4056 – (ISI)
- Pasha, M.F., Supramaniam, S., Liang, K.K., Amran, M.A., Chandra, B.A. and Rajeswari, M. (2012). “An Android-based Mobile Medical Image Viewer and Collaborative Annotation: Development Issues and Challenges”, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications (JDCTA). Vol. 6 No. 1, ISSN: 1975-9339. – (SCOPUS)
- Pasha, M.F., Rahmat, R.F., Budiarto, R. and Syukur, M. (2010). “A Distributed Autonomous Neuro-Gen Learning Engine and Its Application to the Lattice Analysis of Cubic Structure Identification Problem”, International Journal of Innovative Computing and Information Control (IJICIC), Vol.6 No.3(A), March 2010, ISSN: 1349-4198. – (ISI)
- Pasha, M.F., Budiarto, R., Syukur, M. and Yamada, M. (2006). “EFIS: Evolvable-Neural-Based Fuzzy Inference System and Its Application for Adaptive Network Anomaly Detection”, Special Issue on Advances in Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI), Volume 3930, Springer-Verlag, ISSN: 0302-9743. – (ISI)
Selected Chapter in Research Book
- Widhiasi, A., Idrus, R., Pasha, M.F. and Syukur, M. (2013). “A Feasibility Study Scheme of an Android-based Integrated Wearable ECG Monitoring System”. Procedia Computer Science 21, Elsevier.
- Rajeswari, M., Yeow, L. S., Chandra, B. A., Haur, O. K., Pasha, M. F., and Shuaib, I. L. (2012). “Liver Tumor Segmentation Using Kernel-Based FGCM and PGCM”, In H. Yoshida et al. (Eds.) Abdominal Imaging 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Volume 7029, Springer-Verlag.
- Rajeswari, M., Pasha, M.F. and Supramaniam, S. (2011). “Mobile Teleradiology: Establishing high-tech medical solutions in low-tech environments”, In Dzulkifli Abdul Razak and Badaruddin Mohamed (Eds.) TRANSFORMING HIGHER EDUCATION FOR A SUSTAINABLE TOMORROW 2011. Delivering Excellence: World’s First Initiatives, USM Press.
Selected Conference Proceeding
- Wong, W., Abu-Shareha, A.A., Pasha, M.F. and Mandava, R. (2013). “Enhanced Local Binary Pattern for Chest X-ray Classification”. The 2013 IEEE Second International Conference on Image Information Processing, Waknaghat, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- M. F. Pasha, M. A. Amran, B. A. Chandra, K. K. Liang, and M. Rajeswari (2013). “ENDEAVOR Collaborative DICOM Reporting Framework and its Case Study of Multi-site Mobile Teleradiology Pilot Implementation”. The e-Health Symposium 2013, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Pasha, M.F., Hong, K.S., and Rajeswari, M. (2011) “Profiling the Features of Pre-segmented Healthy Liver CT Scans: Towards Fast Detection of Liver Lesions in Emergency Scenario”. 33rd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2011), 30 August – 3 September 2011, Boston, USA.
- Pasha, M.F., Abdat, M. and Rajeswari, M. (2011) “IPv6 Traffic Flow Security Threats and Trend Analysis: Towards Combined Intelligent Detection Approach”. IJCAI Workshop on Intelligent Security, 16-22 July 2011, Barcelona, Spain.
- Abdat, M., Isawasan, P., Pasha, M.F. and Manasrah, A. (2010). “On Fuzziness in Hybrid Network Device Discovery”, International Conference on Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence, November 2010, Phuket, Thailand.
- Widhiasi, A., Mohanan, V., Pasha, M.F. and Budiarto, R. (2010). “Vertical Handover Scheme for Car-to-Car Communication Based on IEEE 802.21 Standard”, International Conference on Computer Engineering and Applications, March 2010, Bali, Indonesia.
- Pasha, M.F., Budiarto, R., Ramadass, S. and Syukur, M. (2008). “A Sequential Hierarchical Superset Implementation of Neocortex Memory System and Its Case Study of Automated Network Forensic Analysis”, International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, July 2008, Las Vegas, USA
- Pasha, M.F., Manasrah, A., Supramaniam, S., Budiarto, R., and Ramadass, S. (2007). “High Performance Network Worm Detection Engine using Memory Efficient Circular Buffer”, International Workshop on Distributed Frameworks for Multimedia Applications, IEEE Press, July 2007, Paris, France
- Pasha, M.F., Budiarto, R. and Yamada, M. (2005). “ADAPTIVE REAL-TIME NETWORK MONITORING SYSTEM: Detecting Anomalous Activity with Evolving Connectionist System” International Conference on E-Business and Telecommunication Network, INSTICC Press, October 2005, Reading, U.K. [Best Papers List]
- Pasha, M.F., Budiarto, R. and Syukur, M. (2005). “Connectionist Model for Distributed Adaptive Network Anomaly Detection System”, 2005 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetic, IEEE Press, August 2005, Guangzhou, China
- Pasha, M.F. and Budiarto, R. (2004). "Developing Online Adaptive Engine for Profiling Network Traffic using Evolving Connectionist Systems", 3rd Conference on Neuro-Computing and Evolving Intelligence (NCEI'04), December 2004, Auckland, New Zealand
- Course Coordinator (Bachelor of Computer Science).
- IEEE Member (2007 – Present)
- Associate Editor, committee member, reviewer at various journals and conferences.