Dr Rishwaraj Gengarajoo
School of IT
+603 5515 9746
Rishwaaj Gengarajoo joined the School of Information Technology, Monash University Malaysia as a Lecturer in July 2018. He got his Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Manufacturing Processes from Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) in the year 2010. After working in the manufacturing industry for more than one year, he continued his postgraduate studies in Monash University Malaysia where he completed his PhD degree in the field of Intelligent Systems. During his PhD research, he was also a tutor in the School of Engineering. After obtaining his PhD, he worked in the industry as a data scientist for about a year where he mainly provided data science analytics training to industry players.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, Monash University, 2017
- Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing), Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka, 2010
Member of National Professional Bodies
- Board of Engineering Malaysia, Member
His primary research focus in the field of intelligent systems and data analytics. His current research involves investigating the application of artificial intelligent based decision making algorithms in intelligent systems to improve the overall efficiency of a system. One of the aim of his research in this field is to design algorithms that allows intelligent systems or agents to improve the security and efficiency of the system. He is also actively involved in research of using machine learning algorithms to study and analyze behavioral pattern in social media platforms.
FIT1043 - Introduction to Data Science
FIT3143 - Parallel Computing
ENG2801 - Leadership and Innovation
ECE4099 - Professional Practice
ENG1060 - Computing for Engineers
ENG1001 - Engineering Design: Ligther, Faster, Stronger
- Rishwaraj, G., S. Ponnambalam, and R.K. Chetty, “Multi-robot formation control using a hybrid posture estimation strategy.” International Journal of Robotics and Automation, 29(4), (2014).
- Rishwaraj, G., S. G. Ponnambalam, and Loo Chu Kiong. “An efficient trust estimation model for multi-agent systems using temporal difference learning” Neural Computing and Applications, (2016), 1-14.
- Rishwaraj, G., S. G. Ponnambalam, and Chu Kiong Loo. “Heuristics-Based Trust Estimation in Multiagent Systems Using Temporal Difference Learning.” IEEE transactions on cybernetics, (2016).
- Rishwaraj, G., and S. G. Ponnambalam. “Integrated Trust Based Control System for Multirobot Systems: Development and Experimentation in Real Environment.” Expert Systems with Applications, 86(2017), 177-89.
- G. Rishwaraj, R.M.K.C., and S.G. Ponnambalam, “Posture Estimation Strategy for Multi Robot System Based on Visual Perception and Optical Pointer,” in Trends in Intelligent Robotics, Automation, and Manufacturing. 2012, Sunway, Malaysia.
- Rishwaraj, G., S.G. Ponnambalam, and C.K. Loo, “Evaluating Trust in Multi-Agents System Through Temporal Difference Leaning”, in Intelligent Robotics and Applications: 9th International Conference, ICIRA 2016, Tokyo, Japan, August 22-24, 2016.
- Rishwaraj, G., Ponnambalam, S., and Loo, C.K., ‘Trust Evaluation in a Multi-robotics System Through Direct Learning’, 9th International Conference on Robotic, Vision, Signal Processing and Power Applications, 2017, pp. 407-417