Dr Chong Chun Yong
Course Coordinator, Bachelor of Software Engineering
School of IT
Dr. Chong Chun Yong is currently working as a lecturer at the School of Information Technology, Monash University Malaysia. Prior to that, he worked as a senior lecturer at Tunku Abdul Rahman University College. He obtained his MSc degree in Computer Science from University of Malaya, Malaysia in 2012 and his Ph.D degree in Computer Science from the same university in 2016. His current research interests include software maintenance, software clustering, software remodularization, and graph theory.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science (Software Engineering), University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Master in Computer Science (Software Engineering), University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Degree in Software Engineering, Coventry University, UK
Member of International Professional Bodies
- IEEE Computer Society, Member
- Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication (INSTICC), Member
Member of National Professional Bodies
- Malaysian Software Testing Board (MSTB), Member
Dr. Chong has a strong interest in all aspect of software engineering, include but not limited to software quality, software maintenance, software remodularization, and mining software repositories. He is also interested in IoT, drone-to-drone communication, and cloud computing research.
Title: A Big Data Analytics Approach for Identifying Reuse-Proneness of Object-Oriented Classes in Source Code Management Systems
Title: A Genetic Algorithm-based Software Clustering Approach to Aid in Remodularization of Software Systems
- FIT2107 - Software Quality and Testing
- FIT3140 - Advanced Programming
- FIT5122 - Professional practice
- Reliable Communication Architecture for Navigation and Guidance of Interconnected Aerial Vehicles, Chong Chun Yong, 2018-2021, Collaborative Research in Engineering, Science and Technology (CREST) Grant Scheme, RM401,625.50
- A Big Data Analytics Approach for Identifying Reuse-Proneness of Object-Oriented Classes in Source Code Management Systems, Chong Chun Yong, 2018-2020, Ministry of Higher Education, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS)
- Sustainable Intelligent Transportation Ecosystem, Chong Chun Yong, 2017-2019, Monash University Malaysia Sustainable Community Grant Scheme, RM250,000
- An Approach for Recovering Unreported Software Bugs in Source Code Management Systems, Monash University Malaysia, Chong Chun Yong, Feb 2017 - Jan 2018, School of IT Collaborative Research Seed Grant, RM10,000
- Travel grant for secondment at XLAB d.o.o, Chong Chun Yong, Feb 2017 - Jan 2018,, XLAB d.o.o.,RM10,900
Ahmad Zairi Zaidi (Co-supervision)
Keystroke Dynamics for Continuous User Authentication with Soft Biometrics
Oct 2017 - Present
Monash University Malaysia
Bilal Mehboob (Co-supervision)
A Big Data Analytics Approach for Estimating Reuse Proneness of Object-Oriented Classes in Source Code Management Systems
Nov 2018 - Present
Monash University Malaysia
Chin Ming Jun (Co-supervision)
Reliable Communication Architecture for Navigation and Guidance of Interconnected Aerial Vehicles
Dec 2018 - Present
Monash University Malaysia
- Faculty of Information Technology Teaching Award 2017 – Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University, 2018
- R. S. Bashir, S. P. Lee, C. Y. Chong, K. A. Alam and R. W. Ahmad, "A Methodology for Impact Evaluation of Refactoring on External Quality Attributes of a Software Design," 2017 International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), Islamabad, Pakistan, 2017, pp. 183-188.
- Chong, C. Y., Lee, S. P., & Ling, T. C. (2012, June). Development of virtual lab system through application of fuzzy analytic hierarchy process. In Information Science and Digital Content Technology (ICIDT), 2012 8th International Conference on (Vol. 1, pp. 207-211). IEEE.
- Chong, C. Y., & Lee, S. P. (2015, April). Constrained agglomerative hierarchical software clustering with hard and soft constraints. In Evaluation of Novel Approaches to Software Engineering (ENASE), 2015 International Conference on (pp. 177-188). IEEE.
- Chong, C. Y., & Lee, S. P. (2017). Automatic clustering constraints derivation from object-oriented software using weighted complex network with graph theory analysis. Journal of Systems and Software, 133, 28-53.
- Chong, C. Y., Lee, S. P., & Ling, T. C. (2013). Efficient Software Clustering Technique using an Adaptive and Preventive Dendrogram Cutting Approach. Information and Software Technology. Volume 55, Issue 11. November 2013. Pages 1994-2012, ISSN 0950-5849.
- Zainab, A. N., Chong, C. Y., & Ling, T. C. (2013). Moving a repository of scholarly content to a cloud. Library Hi Tech, 31(2), 201-215.
- Chong, C. Y., Lee, S. P., & Ling, T. C. (2014). Prioritizing and Fulfilling Quality Attributes for Virtual Lab Development through Application of Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process and Software Development Guidelines. Malaysian Journal of Computer Science. ISSN 0127-9084. Volume:27, No 1.
- Chong, C. Y., & Lee, S. P. (2015). Analyzing maintainability and reliability of object-oriented software using weighted complex network. Journal of Systems and Software, 110, 28-53.
- Chaudhry, M. T., Chong, C. Y., Ling, T. C., Rasheed, S., & Kim, J. (2016). Thermal Prediction Models for Virtualized Data center Servers by using Thermal-profiles. Malaysian Journal of Computer Science, 29(1).