Surgical Anatomy Review (Practical) 2017
This Surgical Anatomy Review (Practical) - SARP course will introduce the participants to key concepts in Surgical and Clinical applications of Anatomy in the context of General surgery and Orthopaedics in preparation for Part 1 Membership, Postgraduate entrance exams and Basic Sciences Examination (Orthopaedic Surgery), an examination organised by College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia specifically targeted at young doctors thinking of a career in orthopaedic surgery. SARP will include hands-on practical sessions with anatomical resources including Specimens, Models, Radiographs, etc within a Technology Enhanced Learning environment.
After attending the course, participants are expected to be skilled in:
- Surface marking and localising important landmarks and structures including osteology
- Musculoskeletal and nervous system examination and joint movements
- Surgical approaches to bones and joints
- Clinical correlations of surgically important structures of the Head, Neck, Thorax, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Identifying key radiological features
- Correlation of cross sectional anatomy
- Functional histology and embryological significance of congenital diseases
- The 2 day course will be conducted as 2 Modules: Module D1 (Limbs and Orthopaedic Surgery) and Module D2 (Back, General Surgery)
- The course structure involves Master Classes, practical demonstration, small group practical exercises, group discussions and hands-on OSPE stations
- Fees for this 2-day course is to be paid directly to Monash University Malaysia as detailed in the ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM.
- Registration includes : Attendance for the respective modules, Lunch and Tea refreshments, Hands on Lab practice sessions, WiFi and digital resources.
- PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM AND INDICATE YOUR REGISTRATION FOR EITHER THE COMBINED MODULES OR FOR SEPARATE MODULE
- Fees: Module D1: RM 250; Module D2: RM 250; 2 Day Course (Combined Module D1 & Module D2): RM 400
For more details on the workshop and payment options:
Contact for more information
Email Associate Professor Arkendu Sen at email@example.com
In collaboration with: