JCSMHS Graduate Research Merit Scholarship
You are invited to apply for Graduate Research Merit Scholarships in the following priority areas of high impact research at Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences (JCSMHS):-
Non-Communicable Diseases (Diabetes, Obesity, Cancer)
- Cardiometabolic and Indigenous Health Research
- Molecular Oncology & Cancer Therapeutics
- Proteomics / Toxicology
- Nutrition and Nutraceuticals
Neuroscience (Ageing and Brain related diseases)
- Psychology (Cognitive Neuroscience)
- Public Health
- Migrant and Refugee Health
- Demographic Surveillance
- Psychology (Social Psychology, Clinical Psychology)
Infectious Diseases (Dengue)
- Infection and Immunity
- Clinical School JB
- Microbiome and Bioresources
- Natural Products
Potential candidates intending to apply for PhD or Master’s studies are invited to send in their qualifications to the School Research Office firstname.lastname@example.org for a preliminary review.
Entry requirements into the program
- A bachelor’s degree requiring at least 4 years of full-time study which includes a significant research component in the fourth year from a recognised institution
- Completion of Postgraduate Diploma in Biomedical Science with honours degree
- A master’s degree in a related discipline, including a significant research component, at least equivalent to an Australian honours degree.
Documents to be submitted for preliminary review
- Certificates and transcripts together with official grading key
- Soft copy of bachelor’s / master’s project paper or thesis together with examiners comments
- PDF copies of candidate’s publications, if available (first author Scopus / ISI listed publications)
- IELTS results
Eligibility for Merit Scholarship
Candidates must meet the minimum admission requirements (academic and English language proficiency) for the relevant research degree. In general, this is equivalent to a high distinction average (H1 or First Class Honours) from a recognised university. Selection for a scholarship will be based on comprehensive ranking of academic achievement for research publications (ISI or Scopus indexed publications), and research experience or research related awards as determined by Monash University Malaysia.
Each scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fees, plus a living allowance as follows:
- Masters by Research - RM2,600/month (up to 24 months of candidature).
- Doctor of Philosophy - RM2,600/month (up to 42 months of candidature).
The Monash University Malaysia Graduate Research Merit Scholarships are tenable at Monash University Malaysia only, and are not transferable to Monash University Australia. As a scholarship recipient, you will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress. Failure to do so may result in your Scholarship being terminated. You must not be in receipt of any form of sponsorship from other sources.
Malaysian citizens or permanent residents may be required to contribute 10 hours/week in academic teaching and/or research training. International students must participate in Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) or research support.
JCSMHS School Research Office