Associate Professor Andrew Tan Khian Khoon
Fax: +603 5514 6323
Dr Tan completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Malaya in 1987. He joined the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia as Clinical Associate Professor in Ophthalmology/Anatomy on a fractional basis on 11th May 2009. Prior to his present academic appointment, he had been a sessional academic staff at the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences. He was also a visiting/sessional senior lecturer at the School of Medicine, International Medical University from April 2003 to May 2009. His medical career started as a house officer at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital where he worked in the Departments of Obstetrics & Gynecolgy, Paediatrics and Internal Medicine. He then worked as a medical officer at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital in the Department of Urology and General Surgery, before his appointment as a registrar in Ophthalmology in September 1989. He had worked as Clinical Specialist/Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital, Penang Hospital, Lam Wah Ee Hospital, Penang and Tung Shin Hospital, Kuala Lumpur. He had also worked in the Southampton Eye Hospital, Southampton and Department of Ophthalmology, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England. He is also presently Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Sunway Medical Centre and Clinical Director of WellVision-Tan Eye Specialist Centre, Kuala Lumpur. He is also Courtesy Consultant Ophthalmologist to Sime Darby Medical Centre, Subang Jaya.
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Sunway Medical Centre
- Courtesy Consultant Ophthalmologist, Subang Jaya Medical Centre
- Medical Director, WellVision Eye Specialist Clilnic
- Chief Censor, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia
- Vice President, College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia
- Honorary Faculty, Silent Mentor Programme,University of Malaya
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Lam Wah Ee Hospital, Penang
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Tung Shin Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Past Chairman, Malaysian Medical Association, Kuala Lumpur
M.B.,B.S. (Mal); M.Med. Ophth.(NUS); F.R.C.S. Ed.(Ophth); F.A.M.M.; F.A.M.S.
Comprehensive Ophthalmology and Phaco Surgery, Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, Surgeries/laser therapy for diabetic eye diseases, as well as Education in Ophthalmology and Surgery.
- BRITISH JOURNAL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY 1993; 77:639-641. The fixed and dilated pupil after cataract surgery, is it related to intraocular use of hypromellose?
- INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF OPHTHALMOLOGY, Toronto , Canada.26-30.6.94 (SP 233) Prevention of recurrence after pterygeum excision with intraoperative mitomycin C
- EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF CATARACT AND REFRACTIVE SURGEONS ‘s meeting. Innsbruck, Austria. 1993 The fixed , dilated pupil after cataract surgery
- ROYAL AUSTRALIAN COLLEGE OF OPHTHALMOLOGIST meeting , K. Lumpur, 1994. Prevention of recurrence after pterygeum excision.
- MALAYSIAN MEDICAL JOURNAL Vol 49, No. 4, Dec 1994, 409-411. Ocular involvement in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.