Dr Hairin Anisa Tajuddin
Tel: +607 2190 600
Office: Clinical School Johor Bahru
- MBBS (University Malaya)
- Master in Paediatric (University Malaya)
- International Board of Certified Lactation Consultant (Iblce, Australia)
Working Experiences in Medical Practices
1) Undergone housemanship in Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru from 2001 until 2003.
2) Medical Officer in Pediatric Department in Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru from 2003 until 2004.
3) Training Pediatric Lecturer in Universiti Malaya Medical Faculty from 2004 until 2009
4) Pediatric Lecturer in Universiti Malaya Medical Faculty from 2009 until 2010
5) Consultant Pediatrician, Pantai Hospital Batu Pahat from November 2010 until 2013
6) Paediatric Lecturer in Monash University Malaysia (Clinical School Johor Bahru) from August 2013 until now.
7) Pediatrician and founder of Pusat Rawatan Pakar Kanak-kanak Adda, Johor Bahru since December 2015 until now.
8) Visiting Paediatrician in Pasir Gudang Specialist Hospital from May 2014 until December 2015
9) Visiting Paediatrician in Pusat Pakar Bersalin Tebrau from September 2014 until now.
Relevant Experiences As Lactation Consultant
1) Certified as International Board of Lactation Consultant since 31 st October 2009
2) Certified National Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Auditor since 2011
3) Director of World Breastfeeding Week Celebration, Pantai Hospital Batu Pahat 30th July 2011
4) Director of World Breastfeeding Week Celebration : A collaboration project between Pantai Hospital Batu Pahat and University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, 30 th August 2012
5) Advisor to Kelab Sokongan Penyusuan Susu Ibu Johor Bahru
6) Speaker, trainer & facilitator for 40 hours breastfeeding counseling course & 20 hours breastfeeding management course for health staff, appointed by National Lactation Centre.
7) Founder of BREASTFEEDING COUNSELLORS NETWORKING PROGRAM since 2015.
(www.permatasusuan.com), a platform for lactation counselors home visit for whole Malaysia.
Contributed as one of the panel writers in :
1) Revision of Module for 20 Hours Lactation Management Course for HealthStaff, appointed by Ministry of Health.
2) Module for Breastfeeding Peer Counselors Course, appointed by National Lactation Center in Selayang Hospital
3) Key Message 1 and Key Message 2 in Malaysian Dietary Guideline for Children and Adolescent 2012 / 2013, Ministry of Health.
Wrote articles for Pa & Ma Magazine
i) Panduan atasi bayi muntah selepas menyusu (Guidance on how to handle baby with frequent vomiting) published in December 2011
ii) Punca bayi tertidur kala menyusu (Reasons baby frequent fall asleep while breastfeeding) published in March 2012
iii) Extended Exclusive Breastfeeding published in February 2017
iv) Mama memilih Exclusive Pumping : Ada Risikonya (Mother choose Exclusive Pumping: The Risks) published in July 2017
Published book and launched in August 2016
Title : Berjaya Menyusukan Tanpa Kehamilan (ISBN No 978-967-14151-0-8)
(Succesfully breastfeeding without pregnancy) is a book for induced lactation
guideline for adoption.
Awards / Achievements
1) Received Gold Medal Award in Poster Presentation with Dr Zilal Saari (group presentation) in Innovative Practiced in Education and Industry Exhibition 2016 (I-PEINX’16) in University Technology Malaysia, Skudai, Johor.
The poster presentation title : Model Garis Panduan Penyusuan Anak Angkat Menurut Perspektif Fiqh dan Sains (Guideline on breastfeeding the adopted baby in Science and Fiqh
2) Received Gold Medal Award in PECIPTA 2017 (7-9 October 2017), for involvement in research on NN Jaundice Meter, with Dr Zarina Mohd Muji, Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University Tun Hussein Onn.
3) Received 1st prize in poster presentation on Post Intervention Survey of Visit Counseling by Breastfeeding Counselor Networking Program (BCNP) in 4th National Breastfeeding Group Convention 2018 (21st September 2018)
4) Received Best Lactivist 2018 in 4th National Breastfeeding Group Convention 2018 (21st September 2018)
1) Presented a research : Infant feeding and growth pattern from birth to 6 months old in 3 rd National Paediatric Research Conference 3 rd – 6 th December 2009.
2) Speaker in seminar in Batu Pahat for general practitioners : Update on asthma management in children on 18th May 2011 organized by MSD Company.
3) Speaker in seminar in Kluang, Johor for general practitioners : Pragmatic approach to constipation in children on 24th June 2011 organized by Abbot Laboratories.
4) Speaker in the forum “ CINTA TANPA SEMPADAN ” in “ Program Jelajah Cinta Tanpa Sempadan Bersama Puan Hajah Norlina Alawi ” in Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia on 6 th June 2012
5) Presented group writing for Key Message 1 and Key Message 2 in Consensus Meeting on Malaysian Dietary Guidelines for Children and Adolescents 2012/2013 on 14 th – 15 th May 2012 (Nutrition Division, Public Health Department, Ministry of Health)
6) Speaker in Program Permata Sakinah organized by “ Jabatan Pembangunan Masyarakat Malaysia , Yong Peng on 8 th July 2012
7) Actively giving talk to public organized by Pantai Hospital Batu Pahat, Non Government Organisations and non medical companies in various places in Batu Pahat (Usual topics : Constipation and Dengue)
8) Speaker in National Lactation Conference on 14 th September 2013 in One Borneo, Sabah for topic Human Milk for Premature Baby
9) Speaker in Pre-Congress Lactation Management Workshop at One World Hotel for topic “Cost and Benefits of Protecting Breastfeeding in Working Mothers on 5th June 2014
10) Speaker in National Lactation Centre Breastfeeding Support Convention 2014 from 1-2nd November 2014 at Rehabilitation Hospital, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur for topic “Faktor-faktor yang Mempengaruhi Keberkesanan Kumpulan Penyokong Penyusuan Ibu Dalam Menjayakan Penyusuan IbuDi Malaysia
11) Speaker in Hospital Muar, World Breastfeeding Week on 11 th September 2014
12) Director and speaker for Seminar “Scoring The Winning Goal in Breastfeeding In Malaysia” on 30 th August 2014 at Dewan Anugerah, KPJ Johor Specialist Hospital.
13) Speaker in PRISMA 2015 (Konvensyen Pembimbing Penyusuan Ibu dan Asuhan Alami Malaysia 2015 in Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites, Subang Jaya, Selangor on 16th August 2015. Presented 2 topics: Busting The Myth on Jaundice and Poor Weight Gain and Failure to Thrive Babies – Should Breastfeeding Continues.
14) Speaker in 2 nd National Breastfeeding Support Group Convention (Live, love & Latch : Loving Support Makes Breastfeeding Work that organized by National Lactation Center, on 5 – 6 th December 2015.
15) Speaker in 23 rd Regional Congress of the Perinatal Society of Malaysia, on 21st April 2016 for topic: Providing support for mothers with abnormal babies 16) Panelist in forum ; Breastfeeding for better future generation in Convention Breastfeeding Support Group 18 - 19 November 2016
17) Speaker for 3 topics in 4th National Lactation Conference : 10-13th August 2017
i) Extended exclusive breastfeeding : Facts & Fiction
ii) Tongue tie : Implication to breastfeeding
iii) Jaundice and breastfeeding : The Myths
18) Speaker in MACE (Managing Asthma and COPD Effectively) on topic Asthma in Pediatrics : How to manage, in Johor Bahru on 30th September 2017 organized by Malaysian Thoracic Society.
19) Speaker in Seminar Kebangsaan Fiqh Ibu Susuan (Induced Lactation in Fiqh View Conference) on 11th November 2017 in University Teknologi Malaysia on topic Concepts of Induced lactation in Medical.
20) Speaker in Breastfeeding Counselor Updates 2017 (10th November 201) on topic “Helping mothers continue the breastfeeding relationship”
21) Trainer and fascilitator in 40 hours Breastfeeding Counseling Course organized by National Lactation Center on 17- 22 March 2018 and 25 - 30th June 2018.
22) Speaker and panel forum in 4th National Breastfeeding Support Group Convention 2018 (21-22 September 2018) on on topic “Breastfeeding Save Infants Life”