Dr Joy Vimaladevi a/p J S Mahadavan
Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Tel: +607 2190 600
Office: Clinical School Johor Bahru
Dr Joy Vimaladevi is Lecturer in General Practice at Clinical School Johor Bahru, Monash University Malaysia. Dr Joy joined the Clinical School Johor Bahru, Monash University Malaysia in 2011 as a sessional staff in Year 4 General Practice (GP). From 2012 till present, she continued as a Year 4 GP fractional staff. Her main focus of work is with the Year 4 students during their GP rotation.
- MBBS, University of Delhi, 1982
- MMed in Family Medicine, Edith Cowan University, 2009
- Full Registration with Indian Medical Council, 1983
- Full Registration with MMC, 1984
- Project Title: Integrated Case Project for Year 4 Cohort of Monash Malaysia MBBS Students. (2018-2020) Project ID: 12992
- Project Title: An Innovative Approach to Teaching Substance Abuse to Undergraduate Medical & Pharmacy Students in an Inter Professional Education approach. Project ID: 18766
- Project Title: An Interactive Approach to Contraception Teaching Amongst Medical Undergraduates (2). Project ID: 18541 These three projects are work in progress.
Teaching commitment and other activities
- Clinical sessions and Consulting Skills at Outpatient Public Health Care facilities locally.
- Facilitating Interdisciplinary learning sessions.
- Leading/Facilitating Integrated Case Sessions.
- Facilitating at Formative/Summative OSCE's.
- Collaborating in formative OSCE Question setting.
- Facilitating workshops for e.g. substance abuse; contraception.
- 1st Runner-Up Poster Award, Monash Malaysia Medical Education Conference ‘Innovation in Medical Education: Towards Work Ready Graduates’, 2019
- Golden Key Award, Edith Cowan University, 2009
- Commonwealth Scholarship to study Medicine, 1977