Dr Nevein Philip Botross Henien
Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Tel: +607 219 0600 ext: 657
Office: Clinical School Johor Bahru
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3709-0508
Dr Nevein Philip Botross Henien is Senior Lecturer in Internal Medicine at Clinical School Johor Bahru, Monash University Malaysia. Dr Nevein graduated with MBBCh with an honours degree from Cairo University and Master degree in Internal Medicine (MSc) from Cairo University.
She is a member of the Egyptian Medical Syndicate (as a specialist), member of the Malaysian Medical Council & Association and registered in the Malaysian National Specialist Registrar.
She worked in Egypt as Specialized Physician before coming to Malaysia in 2004 and joined Hospital Sultanah Aminah Johor Bahru as a specialist.
In 2011, she joined Monash University and worked as a lecturer in internal medicine while contributing clinical service at Hospital Sultanah Aminah as a consultant physician.
Her special interest is in the field of neurology. She previously ran a neuromedical clinic prior to joining Monash and she is now helping to run the clinic in the hospital with other neurologists.
She received a PVC award for excellence in clinical service from Monash University in 2012.
- MB BCh (Hons) Cairo University, Egypt 1991
- Master Degree (MSc of Internal Medicine),Cairo University Egypt 2000
Employment and Training
- Monash University (2011-Present) Senior Lecturer of Internal Medicine, Clinical School Johor Bahru, Monash University Malaysia
- Hospital Sultanah Aminah Johor Bahru, Ministry of Health Malaysia (2004- 2011) Specialized Physician: running an active medical word, Neuromedical clinic and on calls
- Medical Specialist Om El-Nour Medical Centre,Cairo Egypt (1997 to 2004) SHO then Medical Specialist, Medicine and Intensive Care
- The Ministry of Health Egypt (1997 to 2004) SHO then Specialist of Internal Medicine
- The Coptic hospital Cairo, Egypt: (1994 to 1997) SHO Medicine, Cardiology and Intensive Care
- The Ministry of Health Egypt (1993 to 1994) General Practitioner
- Cairo University Hospitals, Egypt (1992 to 1993) Pre-Registration House Officer, General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics and Anasthesia.
Membership and Affiliations
- Malaysian National Specialist Registrar (Registered as a specialist)
- Ministry of Health, Malaysia (Gazette as Internal Medicine Specialist)
- Egyptian Medical Syndicate (Registered as a Specialist of Internal Medicine)
- Egyptian Medical Syndicate (Registered as a Physician)
- Malaysian Medical Council (Full Registration)
- Malaysian Medical Association
- Academic and Clinical supervisor of year 5
- Assessment Coordinator of year 5
- Speaker in many local neurological workshops and updates
- Started and participated in the organization of the Annual “Johor Neuromedical update”
- Cocoordinator of year 3
- Co assessment of year 3
- Chair of year 3
- Research about the size of pancreas and insulin level
- Neurology researches with special interest in multiple sclerosis
Oral and Poster presentation in the Research week of CSJB, Monash University Malaysia 16-19 July, 2018“Depression , Anxiety and Strss (DAS) among patients with Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease (IPD) and their quality of life A cross-sectional study in one center of johor State , Malaysia” Islam MD, ER YC, Thiagarajan D, Botross NP, Thuraajasingam S.
Poster presentation at the 2nd IKN (Institute Kanser Negara) research day 2018.“Idiopathic Acquired Haemophilia in an Elderly man” Sonia Elvina Stephen, Joel Lee Xiang Loong, Soo Min Lim, Nevein Philip Botross.
Dominic N., Thirunavuk Arasoo V, Botross N, Riad A, Biding C, Ramadas A “Changes in health-related quality of life and psychosocial well-being of breast cancer survivors: Findings from a group-based intervention program in Malaysia " presentation and poster at The 5th Putrajaya International Conference on children ,women, elderly and people with disabilities 2018.
Sonia Elvina Stephen, Joel Lee Xiang Loong, Chan Kwok Hoong, Soo Min Lim, Nevein Philip Botross (2018), Acquired Haemophilia of Unknown Aetiology in an Elderly Man: Case report, American Journal of Case reports 2018,19:858-863.doi: 10.12659/AJCR,909228
Dominic N.A. , Arasoo V.J.T., Botross N.P, Riad A., Biding C., Ramadas A. (2018)”Changes in health-related quality of life and psychosocial well-being of breast cancer survivors: Findings from a group-based intervention program in Malaysia”b . Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 19(7), pp.1809-1815.doi: 10.22034/APJCP. 2018.19.7.1809
Gut Microflora: Association between Appendectomy and Multiple Sclerosis and Neuromyelitis Optica, Best Poster Award, PACTRIMS Congress, Nov. 23-25 Nov. 2017, Vietnam.
Viswanathan S, Botross N, Rusli BN, Riad A. “Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis complicating dengue infection with neuroimaging mimicking multiple sclerosis: A report of two cases.” Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders 2016, 10, 112–115.
Socio-Demography and Medical History as Predictors of Health-Related Quality of Life of Breast :Ramadas A, Qureshi AM, Dominic NA, Botross NP, Riad A, Arasoo VJT, & Elangovan S (2015). Cancer Survivors. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 16 (4), 1479-1485
Psychosocial factors and quality of life of breast cancer survivors, Oral presentation in the “Dubai International Conference in Higher Education 2015”.
Elangovan S, Ramadas A, Dominic NA, Botross NP, Arasoo VJT, Riad A & Qureshi AM (2015),Impact of Psychosocial Risk Factors on Health-Related Quality of Life: A Pilot Study among Breast Cancer Survivors in Johor Bahru. Malaysia. Indian Journal of psychiatry.15 (Suppl): S12
Chronic neuronopathic type of Gaucher’s disease with progressive myoclonic epilepsy in the absence of visceromegaly and bone involvement: a case report, Nevein PB, Amgad AR, Viswanathan S, Rusli BN, Lock HN, Scott Med J. 2014 May;59(2):e1-6.
Good’s Syndrome (thymoma with immunodeficiency): An unusual clinical presentation of bulbar symptoms and peripheral neuropathy at the Scottish Journal of Arts, Social Sciences and Scientific Studies - ISSN 2047-1278 VOLUME 4, ISSUE I SEPTEMBER, 2012 http://scottishjournal.co.uk.
“The size of the Pancreases and the insulin level in non-insulin dependent diabetic patients” for Master Science Degree of Internal Medicine (Cairo University ,Egypt 2000) The aim of the study was to highlight the relationship between the size of the pancreas as measured by Ultrasonography and the amount of insulin in the blood as measured by the serum C-peptide level
- Monash University Internal grant as co-investigator : RM 5000 for a project entitled
“Changes in health-related quality of life and psychosocial well-being of breast cancer survivors: Findings from a group-based intervention program in Malaysia”
- Better Teaching Better Learning Grant as co-investigator : AU $ 5000 for a project entitled
“Development of short Podcasts for medical undergraduates linking basic sciences to clinical”
- The United States Naval Medical Research Center-Asia (NMRC-A) Research Contract Award
N4034517P0197 as co-investigator: USD 125,195 in a project entitled:“A passive surveillance of dengue and dengue-like illnesses in a Community Clinic in Johor Bahru”
Serric Willeam on “Association between Vitamin D status and the risk of developing multiple Sclerosis, Neuromyelitis Optica and NMOSD in Malaysia”
Sheila Wong on “Development and Evaluation of Digital Interactive Clinical Dermatology Repository: A pilot study”
Hean Sun Ooi, on “History of appendicitis among patients with multiple Sclerosis and Neuromyelitis Optica”
Ivan Adham Rasheed on “Impact of social networking sites (SNS) on eating behaviour, body image and self-esteem of young adults”
Koay Kean Leong, on “Association between Appendectomy and Asthma: An exploratory study”
Distinction & Awards
1986-1991 Ministry of Education Scholarship, Egypt.
1991 Prize in Internal Medicine, Egypt.
2004 Gazette as a Specialized Physician by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
2011 GCP certificate, Malaysia
2012 Pro-Vice Councillor’s (PVC) Award for Excellence in Academic service.
2012 Foundation In Teaching (F.I.T for Practice)
2015 Completed the Graduate Certificate of Higher Education (GCHE)