Dato' Dr Jimmy Lee Kok Foo
Tel: +607 219 0600 ext:639
Fax: +607 219 0601
I am a consultant paediatrician with a special interest in neonatology. I did further training in paediatrics and neonatology in United Kingdom, Japan and Australia. When I was with the Ministry of Health Malaysia, I was heading a number of programmes and activities at state level including the Baby Friendly Hospital, Hospital Accreditation, Clinical Research Centre and Malaysian National Neonatal Registry.
MBBS (UM), DCH (London), MRCP (UK), Fellow JICA, FAMM, FRCP (Edinburgh), FRCPCH (UK).
AMMCOP EXCO member, MRCPCH (UK) examiner, APLS (UK) instructor.
- Infection – neonatal infection study, Burkholderia cepacia
- Meconium aspiration syndrome – surfactant lavage
- Feeding – regime, calorie intake
- Acute diarrhoea treatment - diosmectite
- Infection – rotavirus, diphtheria
- Vaccine - MMR phase IIIA study
As the first author
1. ‘Fatal Intra-Cranial Haemorrhage in 2 Cases of beta-Thalassaemia Major’. Med J Malaysia Mar 1995, issue no 1, volume 50, p 110-113.
2. ‘Calorie intake in sick versus respiratory stable very low birthweight babies’. Acta Paediatrica Japonica 1996: 38; 449-454
3. ‘Respiratory Diphtheria in Three Paediatric Patients’. Med J Malaysia Sept 1999, issue no 3, volume 54, p377-382.
4. ‘Two outbreaks of Burkholderia cepacia nosocomial infection in a neonatal intensive care unit’. Journal of Paediatrics & Child Health 2008 Jan; 44(1-2): 62-66. Epub 2007 Jul 19.
As a co-author
1. ‘Oral Diosmectite Reduces Stool Output and Diarrhea Duration in Children With Acute Watery Diarrhea’. C Dupont, JKF Lee, P Garnier, N Moore, H Mathiex–Fortunet, E Salazar-Lindo for the Peru and Malaysia Diosmectite Study Groups. Published in April 2009 in Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology 2009; 7:456–462.
2. ‘Neonatal Infections in Asia’. R Tiskumara, SH Fakharee, CQ Liu, P Nuntnarumit, KM Lui, M Hammoud, JKF Lee, CB Chow, A Shenoi, R Halliday, D Isaacs. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed, 2009;94:F144-F148 doi:10.1136/adc.2008.139865 (published online 19-09-08). APNIS Asia Pacific Neonatal Infection Study group.
3. ‘Randomized controlled trial of lung lavage with dilute surfactant for meconium aspiration syndrome’. Dargaville PA, Copnell B, Mills JF, Haron I, Lee JKF, Tingay DG, Rohana J, Mildenhall LF, Jeng MJ, Narayanan A, Battin MR, Kuschel CA, Sadowsky JL, Patel H, Kilburn CJ, Carlin JB, Morley CJ, for the lessMAS trial study group. Published in J Pediatr 2011;158:383-9.
4. ‘The management of acute diarrhea in children in developed and developing areas: from evidence base to clinical practice’. Expert Opinion On Pharmacotherapy. Guarino A, Dupont C, Gorelov AV, Gottrand F, Lee JKF, Lin Z, Vecchio AL, Nguyen TD, Salazar Lindo. A Review Article, posted online 22-11-2011.
5. ‘Neonatal infections in China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Thailand’ Abdullah Al-Taiar1, Majeda S Hammoud2, Liu Cuiqing3, Jimmy KF Lee4, Kin-Man Lui5, Narongsak Nakwan6, David Isaacs7. Arch Dis Child Fetal and Neonatal Ed accepted for publication on 180712.
6. Rotavirus Genotypes in Malaysia and Universal Rotavirus Vaccination. Way Seah Lee, Benjamin Tze Ying Lim, Pei Fan Chai, Carl D. Kirkwood, Jimmy Kok Foo Lee. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics. Accepted for publication on 230712.
7. Fluid recovery during lung lavage in meconium aspiration syndrome. PA Dargaville, B Copnell, JF Mills, I Haron, Jimmy KF Lee, DG Tingay, J Rohana, LF Mildenhall, MJ Jeng, A Narayanan, MR Battin, CA Kuschel, JL Sadowsky, H Patel, CJ Kilburn, J Carlin, CJ Morley, on behalf of the lessMAS trial study group. Acta Paediatrica accepted for publication on 310712.
8. Household Catastrophic Healthcare Expenditure and Impoverishment Due to Rotavirus Gastroenteritis Requiring Hospitalization in Malaysia. Tharani Loganathan, Way-Seah Lee, Kok-Foo Lee, Mark Jit, Chiu-Wan Ng. PLOSONE May 5, 2015.
9. Two-hourly versus 3-hourly feeding for very low birthweight infants: a randomised controlled trial. Nor Rosidah Ibrahim, Tan Hooi Kheng, Ariffin Nasir, Noraida Ramli, Jimmy Lee Kok Foo, Sharifah Huda Syed Alwi, Han Van Rostenberghe. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed doi:10.1136/archdischild-2015-310246, published online on 26th Sept 2016.