Key directions 2020
Monash University’s vision laid out in the Focus Monash Strategic Plan is to be excellent, international, enterprising and inclusive. Drawing on the previous plan, the Malaysia Library Plan 2020 provides response to Monash Malaysia Plan 2020-2022, outlining its priority areas of focus:
- We will continue to improve the relevance and discoverability of our information resources and devise effective strategies of collection development to provide a seamless user experience;
- We will pursue the physical transformation of the Sunway campus library and evaluate the impact of the Library Interim Space Plan 2020-2022;
- We will redesign the Library web presence to align with MUA Library’s user experience strategy;
- We will pursue targeted collaborations with academic staff to embed research and learning skills within units, both face-to-face and online;
- We will expand our online resources to deliver flexible and engaging learning at student’s point of need;
- We will strengthen our skills development programs to enable effective practices across the research lifecycle, including the implementation of a research support pilot;
- We will nurture existing collaborations and seize opportunities to develop purposeful partnerships inside the University and in the region to achieve strong outcomes for the University.
Given Monash University Malaysia’s ambitious Plan 2020-2022, we will continue to seek strategic support and funding for professional development across all areas of Library endeavour to remain responsive to the ever-changing context in which the Library operates.
View the Malaysia Library Strategy Map 2020