Monash University’s vision laid out in the Focus Monash Strategic Plan is to be excellent, international, enterprising and inclusive. Drawing on the previous plan, Malaysia Focus Library Plan 2019 provides response to Focus Monash and to Monash Malaysia Campus Plan 2019-2021, outlining its priority areas of focus:
- We will continue to improve the relevance and discoverability of our information resources and devise effective strategies of collection development to meet the evolving needs of our users;
- We will pursue the transformation of the Sunway campus library to further enhance the student experience and evaluate the effectiveness and usage of the new Clinical School Library.
- We will advance the implementation of the Research Skill Development framework and evaluate its impact on the skills and capabilities of our graduates;
- We will diversify our modes of delivery to increase student engagement in alignment with the University’s Strategic Active Learning Transformation agenda.
- We will initiate and develop new research support programs that enable effective scholarly communication practices among researchers and postgraduates for enhanced impact of Monash Malaysia’s research;
- We will nurture existing collaborations and seize opportunities to develop meaningful and purposeful partnerships inside the University and in the region to achieve sustainable outcomes.
Given the ambitious agenda for change set forth by Monash University Malaysia, we will support strategic professional development across all areas of Library endeavor to remain agile and responsive to the fast evolving context in which the Library operates.