Academic Writing (Basic)
In this postgraduate workshop, you will explore what constitutes good academic writing and the skills required to produce such writing. These include quoting, summarising, paraphrasing, and varied ways of citing and referencing in-text.
You will also be given insight into the language used in academic writing and be introduced to the general components of a research paper.
What will you learn?
- To revisit the characteristics of academic writing and its associated language.
- To practise the essential academic writing skills: quoting, summarizing, and paraphrasing.
- To explore multiple ways of citing and referencing in-text to add variety to your language.
- To increase awareness of word choices and phrasing for academic writing purposes.
- To identify the components of a research paper and obtain a basic idea of their contents.
For more information, please contact the School Liaisons.