Advanced Literature Search Skills
Are you conducting literature reviews for research papers and proposals, theses/dissertations or research projects? Then this workshop is for you! We start by reviewing the research process and then transition to hands-on learning on how to systematically and efficiently search and retrieve research literature relevant to your topic.
If you are a first-year undergraduate student, this workshop is designed for you! Engage in academic
What will you learn?
- To define the research question
- To perform concept and keyword mapping
- To create simple and complex search strings
- To identify and use an effective search strategy in subject-specific databases
- To create account within databases to save searches and create alert
- To use citation tracking and other techniques to find related research
For more information, please contact the School Liaisons.