Join this introductory workshop to look into useful bibliometric platforms such as Web of Science, Scopus or Google Scholar to identify measures of scholarly productivity and impact. Learn how to locate journal metrics such as Impact Factor, author metrics such as h-index and article metrics to determine the impact and quality of research. Participants will also be introduced to altmetrics that are complementary to traditional, citation-based metrics.
What will you learn?
- To distinguish tools to locate research metrics
- To locate metrics that demonstrate article impact
- To identify metrics that establish journal impact and ranking;
- To understand metrics that show researcher impact
- To get acquainted with alternative measures of research impact
For more information, please contact the School Liaisons.