Writing Literature Reviews
What is a literature review? In a scientific essay, project or report you will be expected to show that you are aware of relevant research on the topic you are working on and a literature review will form an important part of your research and writing. Learning Skills conducts classes on literature reviews to help you develop the skills necessary to analyse selected reading material and to synthesise peer reviewed articles to create an effective structure besides understanding the conventions and guidelines necessary to write good literature reviews. You will know how to organize, manage and present literature reviews in your writing projects.
What will you learn?
- To identify the purpose of a literature review
- To plan and structure a literature review
- To integrate and arrange sources in an organised manner
- To synthesise and evaluate peer-reviewed journal articles related to your topic
- To identify research methodologies used in the literature you cite
- To adopt and integrate theories and evidence to draw conclusions
For more information, please contact the Learning Skills Advisers.