Information Search Skills
If you are a first-year undergraduate student, this workshop is designed for you! Engage in academic research beyond textbooks and prescribed reading materials. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn critical information skills for accessing, retrieving and making use of reliable information sources for research assignments.
Information research skills workshops are currently integrated into several undergraduate units and conducted jointly with unit coordinators. If you are an academic staff who would like to explore collaborative opportunities with the Library, please contact your School Liaison.
What will you learn?
- To find print materials and online resources for your assignments with Search
- To identify key concepts, terms, ideas in research statements
- To determine reliable web resources
- To define academic integrity
- To determine basic copyright law for educational purposes
- To locate citing and referencing guides
- To identify online tools relevant to support your research
For more information, please contact the School Liaisons.