Pharmacy Pathfinder Program (PPP) 2022
The transformative head start to your pharmacy degree.
By choosing to study pharmacy, you've chosen to dedicate yourself to a career of making a true difference to people's lives. Give your journey a memorable beginning.
This short course is an exciting opportunity for an advanced glimpse into what an education and career in pharmacy would be like before you commence the Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) in February next year.
Over the course of two months, you'll engage with experienced Monash lecturers and practicing pharmacists to gain the basic knowledge and preparatory skills for a strong start to your pharmacy studies. You'll learn more about the profession and the doors a pharmacy degree will open for you.
- Early exposure: Get a taste of university life while building your knowledge and professional skills in preparation for your undergraduate pharmacy studies.
- Expert guidance: Engage in a series of activities under the guidance and mentorship of leading pharmacy educators and researchers at Monash.
- Weekly instructions: Kindly refer to the Program/Schedule below.
- Skills development: Develop a broad range of invaluable skills such as oral, written, reflection and analytical skills, and gain a unique head start in your academic and personal development.
- Tuition fee waiver1: Be one of the 50 students to register for this program, and receive a RM5,000 tuition fee waiver for your first semester of the Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours).
- Certificate of completion: Receive a certificate when you successfully complete this course.
Module 1: Introduction to the Pharmacy Profession
Get to know more about the pharmacy profession, future career prospects, and the professional and social values, attitudes and behaviour necessary to succeed in the field.
Module 2: Research and Industrial Experience
Learn the basic compounding skills and tools used in pharmaceutical or cosmeceutical dosage form preparations.
Module 3: Life of Clinical and Community Pharmacists
Understand the role of community and clinical pharmacists. There’s much more to pharmacy than you might first think.
RM2,500 (See Tuition fee waiver1)
Fees Payment Methods
Refer to Finance2
One intake / 17 October 2022 - 16 December 2022 (2 months)
Hybrid (online and on-campus activities)
Laptop (minimum device specifications)
Registration due date - 10 Oct 2022
Click here to register.
2 - 4 hours
To enrol in this program, you must:
- be an undergraduate-level student with a Year 12 qualification (Monash University Foundation Year / A Level / CPU / SAM / IBDP / UEC or equivalent).
- demonstrate an interest in pharmacy as a career by submitting a statement of interest (an essay of approximately 500 words), stating briefly your academic and professional goals and how they align with the pharmacy program.
For more information, please get in touch with:
Dr. Juman Dujaili
Deputy Head of School (Education)
School of Pharmacy
Ms. Linda Lim
Education Manager (Interim)
School of Pharmacy
- Students must have met the entry requirements for the Pharmacy Pathfinder Program.
- The RM5000 tuition fee waiver is limited to the 50 students to register for and complete the program.
- The one-time tuition fee waiver will be reflected in the Semester 2 fee statement of the Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) and is non-transferable (students who discontinue or transfer to another program within Monash are not eligible for this fee waiver).
- Scholarship recipients will only be entitled to either their scholarship award or the tuition fee waiver for the semester, whichever amount is the highest.
2For more information on fee and payment, please get in touch with: