Monash is committed to research that matters. Our researchers set out to achieve results that make a difference to people’s lives.
At Monash Malaysia, our researchers are working hard in such fields as health, social and economic transformation, and the environment.
Our international, multidisciplinary approach brings together researchers from different fields, faculties, campuses and universities and allows us to develop strengths in specific areas and set research priorities to benefit the communities we serve. Monash Malaysia researchers benefit particularly from being part of the Monash global footprint, which takes in China, India, the UK , Italy, South Africa, Australia and, of course, Malaysia.
Areas of priority
At Monash Malaysia, our current research priorities include:
- Advanced Engineering Platform
- Brain Research Institute at Monash Sunway (BRIMS)
- Global Asia in the 21st Century
- Monash-Industry Palm Oil Education and Research
- South East Asia Community Observatory
- Tropical Medicine and Biology
Other research areas
At Monash Malaysia, we also have research nodes for the following important Monash initiatives: